• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

Ruger #1's 257 roberts and 218 bee

txaggie1

257 roberts - trigger replaced with 1.5lb trigger shoots like a dream. I have a couple, time to thin the cabinet. $1,600 rifle only. 218 bee - highly sought after little round fun to shoot, very accurate. rifle only $1,850 Also the 218 bee is pictured without scope - 257 has scope, but has been removed. Prices included shipping, let me know if you have questions or would like more photo's. I'm not a dealer I do have a day job so bare with, may take a bit to respond, but I will to every request. Not interested in trades at this moment thank you.

Attachments

• IMG_0730.jpg
    IMG_0730.jpg
    94.7 KB · Views: 332
  • IMG_0731.jpg
    IMG_0731.jpg
    85.6 KB · Views: 328
  • IMG_0732.jpg
    IMG_0732.jpg
    88 KB · Views: 298
  • IMG_0733.jpg
    IMG_0733.jpg
    92.1 KB · Views: 299
  • IMG_0734.jpg
    IMG_0734.jpg
    90.2 KB · Views: 327
257 Roberts appears to have possibly been refinished. Can you advise on that please?

Yes it has a gloss finish over the original wood. I purchased the rifle used and that way, only thing i did was replace the but pad (forgot to mention that before) when i installed the trigger.

The finish was tastefully done and smooth, however I do not know anymore than what I've just stated regarding that. I hope that helps some;

Any idea on the age of this rifle and the round count? What condition is the bore? Assume not box since you didn't mention it but wanted to ask.

Thanks,

no box, bore is good, shoots great - I've not researched the age on it. I suspect in the next gen they will install round counters - lol - seems to be the question these days. I'm not downplaying the question if someone states they are the original owner i ask too, otherwise we are just guessing to tell a reader what they want to hear? What I know is that the rifle is very accurate, take that for what it is. Someone would have to shoot the bob allot non-stop to burn it out. Most don't want to do that with a round that has scarce ammo, but it can happen I guess. Since I've owned the gun it hasn't had more than a couple of boxes, I will be honest about what i know and what I don't I'm not going to lie about it.

Here's what I have,

Attachments

• IMG_0833.jpg
    IMG_0833.jpg
    93.9 KB · Views: 56
  • IMG_0832.jpg
    IMG_0832.jpg
    89.8 KB · Views: 58
  • IMG_0830.jpg
    IMG_0830.jpg
    110.4 KB · Views: 57
  • IMG_0829.jpg
    IMG_0829.jpg
    99.3 KB · Views: 55
  • IMG_0828.jpg
    IMG_0828.jpg
    82.6 KB · Views: 58
  • IMG_0827.jpg
    IMG_0827.jpg
    74.4 KB · Views: 57
  • IMG_0834.jpg
    IMG_0834.jpg
    85.9 KB · Views: 59
no box, bore is good, shoots great - I've not researched the age on it. I suspect in the next gen they will install round counters - lol - seems to be the question these days. I'm not downplaying the question if someone states they are the original owner i ask too, otherwise we are just guessing to tell a reader what they want to hear? What I know is that the rifle is very accurate, take that for what it is. Someone would have to shoot the bob allot non-stop to burn it out. Most don't want to do that with a round that has scarce ammo, but it can happen I guess. Since I've owned the gun it hasn't had more than a couple of boxes, I will be honest about what i know and what I don't I'm not going to lie about it.
What type of payment would you prefer?