• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

218 bee

toptom60

I know this is a long shot but recently picked up a marlin 1894 in 218 bee off a friend and was looking for brass. I picked up a set of dies box of hornady bullets and have a half box of ammo. Been trying to find just brass but having hard time, would also be interested in box of factory ammo I could turn into empty brass.

I have almost a full box of 218 mashburn bee cases… not sure if those will do you any good

Be honest I'm not sure what the difference is with the bee and mashburn bee, I will do some research.
Be honest I'm not sure what the difference is with the bee and mashburn bee, I will do some research.
To get that to work the brass would need to be full length resized, doing so is likely to overwork the brass shortening the case life if they survive the resizing, I have brass, however I was going to sell with the rifle I have a Winchester model 43, if you fail to locate any contact me, I will go thru what I have and see we can get you up and running.

To get that to work the brass would need to be full length resized, doing so is likely to overwork the brass shortening the case life if they survive the resizing, I have brass, however I was going to sell with the rifle I have a Winchester model 43, if you fail to locate any contact me, I will go thru what I have and see we can get you up and running.
I understand wanting to keep them with the rifle if you selling it,but if you did have couple you would wanna sell just feel free to contact me. On the mashburn to regular bee I have a amp annealer do you think it would work if I annealed before and after. From what I see the bee has shoulder blew forward and short neck.

The MB Bee is a improved version, bee brass is very thin, I've never worked with the MB Bee however I did have a 17 Bee years ago while fire forming virgin brass id loose about 20% of the cases, I had the win bee back then so had access to once fired cases when using the once fired cases I'd lose over 50%, I've fire formed thousands of AI cases in over a dozen cartridge offerings I loose maybe 2 or 3 % of those cases, I didn't have a annealer so that changes things, I'm going to say this falls under the category of nothing ventured nothing gained, I'm getting ready to load up for a day or two of trout fishing should return Thursday perhaps friday, I'll sort out enough brass for you to get serious with at least a box maybe two, when I get off my but and sell mine nobody will know what I had anyway, few things are more frustrating than a gun you can't get ammo or brass for.

The MB Bee is a improved version, bee brass is very thin, I've never worked with the MB Bee however I did have a 17 Bee years ago while fire forming virgin brass id loose about 20% of the cases, I had the win bee back then so had access to once fired cases when using the once fired cases I'd lose over 50%, I've fire formed thousands of AI cases in over a dozen cartridge offerings I loose maybe 2 or 3 % of those cases, I didn't have a annealer so that changes things, I'm going to say this falls under the category of nothing ventured nothing gained, I'm getting ready to load up for a day or two of trout fishing should return Thursday perhaps friday, I'll sort out enough brass for you to get serious with at least a box maybe two, when I get off my but and sell mine nobody will know what I had anyway, few things are more frustrating than a gun you can't get ammo or brass for.
I really appreciate the help and advice.