Ruger 10/22 COLLECTOR 2ND EDITION

Coyote Shadow Tracker

LRH Sponsor
I purchased a Ruger 10/22 COLLECTOR 2ND EDITION for my Father -in-Law back in 2014. It was the 50 year Special and came with the special Box, $25 Gift Cirt and Metal Street Sign. The Stock is syntenic "Grey Stock with Black Butt". Ghost Iron Sights. 18 1/2" Barrel. We also put a new Scope on it, (can't remember what brand but a 22 mag). I also put an upgraded Ruger Trigger Assembly in it.
Saw Jill's dad today and we talk about guns during the Turkey Dinner. I said that I was putting away the TC Classic 22 since I re-finished the stock. I have a Volquartsen 17HMR for Squirrells and such and was looking to get another .22 rifle. Well he offered to give us back the Ruger 10/22 since he has never used it.
Anyone have one of these 10/22s and I imagine they all shoot about the same.
Thanks
Len & Jill

Just picked up a new sporter target model. Great shooter even with crappy Aguilla ammo. Happy Thanksgiving!

I don't know if I've had that specific model but probably had some derivative close to it. Think I've got it curtailed under double digits for 10:22s.... these days pretty much any Factory combination with a two to seven and a worked over trigger is good enough for me. Coming up on three decades of 10:22 ownership it's my belief to not make them something they're not.

Factory gun, worked over or drop in trigger, volq bolt release and mag lever with slightly above the cheapest bulk and go plinking.

I don't know if I've had that specific model but probably had some derivative close to it. Think I've got it curtailed under double digits for 10:22s.... these days pretty much any Factory combination with a two to seven and a worked over trigger is good enough for me. Coming up on three decades of 10:22 ownership it's my belief to not make them something they're not.

Factory gun, worked over or drop in trigger, volq bolt release and mag lever with slightly above the cheapest bulk and go plinking.
If I was going to go with upgrading to a 10/22 to Volquartsen parts, I would just buy a Volquartsen.
There are hundreds of companies making 10/22 parts. Heck the 10/22 is the most manufactured .22.
I never owned a 10/22 but have upgraded the triggers on some and made considerable difference in accuracy (for the shooter).
Just looking to see how shooters like the 10/22, but can get a hundred answers.
I should have the new one right after I get out of the hospital and start shooting some squirrels. I would like to take the front sight off and thread the barrel for a suppressor, but don't know the diameter of the muzzle and if it has enough meat to thread.
Already have a quality 17hmr and now need a .22 rifle to shoot the 10s of thousands .22s I stashed away during Obama terms.

If you have the tools/skills it's doable. If not it cost as much as flipping the factory barrel and getting an aftermarket

If you have the tools/skills it's doable. If not it cost as much as flipping the factory barrel and getting an aftermarket

Thanks much!
We have a State of the ART GS Shop. Just like to have a hearty barrel when I thread. Makes a difference when the bullet is exiting.