Rookie (or stupid ) question about Savage 116.

Niet

My wife bought the last week a savage 116 with accutriger, each time that she installs the bolt and close the bolt handle, the safety does not work and she need lift the bolt handle so that the cocking indicator return to its position normal... is that right. ...because the manual said she don't need lift the bolt /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif.

Thank guys for yours patience and time.

Niet

PD.:United we stand...for you GOODGROUPER.

Not sure about the new accutriggers. But the old ones have three position safeties. full safety locks the bolt in place. Middle safety (half of the red dot showing) keeps the trigger from moving but lets you operate the bolt (without completely removing the bolt). The old ones can be adjusted with the trigger gaurd removed by moving the rear allen screw in the back of the trigger......can's say yours is the same.

I don't know the answer to the question you have but I will say: DON'T LOAD AMMO IN THIS GUN UNTILL TOU KNOW IT IS WORKING AS IT WAS DESIGNED. If you need to take the gun back and make the salesperson show you how it works. Untill then don't load the gun.

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.