• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

RL26 @ Midsouth

I appreciate heads up as well. I use 89 grains of vv n570 per round in my .338 norma mag, I had 3 lbs when I started load development, got a good load going, got through my hunting season, and have about 20 loaded rounds and enough powder to load maybe 40 more. I'm in panic mode!! I have a decent load with Retumbo and have enough of that, but N570 just shoots better in this gun. I'm down to 1 lb of RL 26 that I use in my .260 AI and will use in my wife's rifle, but my cousin has an 8lb keg he snagged about a year ago and has only used a lb or so of, I can bum off him if I have to, but I would rather get my own.

I get both sides of the argument, but come on guys, don't bash a guy for trying to help out fellow shooters on a forum that is generally, one of the most friendly forums for people in this sport. We are all stressed about the B.S. going on today, but lets not take it out on each other. Some day, maybe sooner than later, we may have to come together to fight for our very God given American rights and freedoms. Lets not let contention over gun powder drive a stake between us.
I'll check my RL26 when I get home after work. I will follow up then. I live in Casper.

I just helped a guy out here in central IN with 2 pounds of RL26 then drove to Cleveland and picked up 8 pounds more since I was up that way for work anyway. The guy I helped has a pretty bad health issue and bought a new rifle not knowing he couldn't find anything. I sold him two pounds for what I paid for it.

I fear this is all going to get worse and if you were not prepared then you will need to rely on others to help you just as posts like this are doing. It's a different world and not going to get better.

If they start hoarding beer though and I can't get it then it's game on!!!lol

Nothing wrong with being prepared. I put together a new rifle last year, by the time I ran through two different powders and three different bullets during load development I was running low on H1000. Finally scored an 8lber but I was getting worried with hunting season coming. Now I start shopping when I have 8lbs left. Don't run out very often anymore. I also got my notice off this forum so thanks to the people that shout out notices.

I appreciate heads up as well. I use 89 grains of vv n570 per round in my .338 norma mag, I had 3 lbs when I started load development, got a good load going, got through my hunting season, and have about 20 loaded rounds and enough powder to load maybe 40 more. I'm in panic mode!! I have a decent load with Retumbo and have enough of that, but N570 just shoots better in this gun. I'm down to 1 lb of RL 26 that I use in my .260 AI and will use in my wife's rifle, but my cousin has an 8lb keg he snagged about a year ago and has only used a lb or so of, I can bum off him if I have to, but I would rather get my own.

I get both sides of the argument, but come on guys, don't bash a guy for trying to help out fellow shooters on a forum that is generally, one of the most friendly forums for people in this sport. We are all stressed about the B.S. going on today, but lets not take it out on each other. Some day, maybe sooner than later, we may have to come together to fight for our very God given American rights and freedoms. Lets not let contention over gun powder drive a stake between us.
Cody, I just got home and checked. I have 1.25 - 1.5 lbs that you are welcome to if needed. Sorry, I thought it was 2 full cans. Let me know if you need it.

I just helped a guy out here in central IN with 2 pounds of RL26 then drove to Cleveland and picked up 8 pounds more since I was up that way for work anyway. The guy I helped has a pretty bad health issue and bought a new rifle not knowing he couldn't find anything. I sold him two pounds for what I paid for it.

I fear this is all going to get worse and if you were not prepared then you will need to rely on others to help you just as posts like this are doing. It's a different world and not going to get better.

If they start hoarding beer though and I can't get it then it's game on!!!lol

Do you have any SRP in Indiana you'd be willing to sell, or trade for beer lol🤣

I'm going to get on my soap box for a minute. I need your help understanding something. I believe the hunters and shooters in the great USA are slowly but surely becoming the minority. If I'm wrong please correct me. We have to do everything we can to build each other up...not tear each other down. Especially young people!!! If we see someone post a question about a hunt or an elementary question about shooting it's real easy to tell them to figure it out on there own. I see it all the time. I have also seen a crap ton of help to include people helping me with advice. For this particular post...do I think people should be hoarding ammo/components....I really don't care. Do I need some H4831SC...yes...but I will eventually find some. Just a matter of time. If you see some out there buy everything that you want. Go have fun. Take someone that has never shot/ hunted and teach them. If you see something here that you dont agree with it would probably be better to just walk on buy instead of taking a shot. Just my opinion. I don't post a lot. I spend a lot more time just reading. I love this site and others like it. I'm about to retire from the USAF and you will probably see me around a bit more. I'm no expert about anything but have stuff to contribute and will do a better job of contributing. So...why do we take shots at each other ? I really don't need a answer. Just getting on my soap box and hoping I can give everyone something to consider.
Do want to say thank you to all the contributors. I have learned a lot from you

hsargent21 I'm in VA not sure where u r but if anywhere close to me send me a pm I have plenty of H4831sc
I really do appreciate the offer. I'm currently stationed in beautiful Minot ND. The winters are beautiful here😬. Want to come visit? Lol. Seems to me like I see a bit more powder everyday. Shelves will fill back up. But this is what we should be doing for each other. Like I said I'm about to retire from the AF. Not completely sure what I'm going to do in retirement. I'm still young. Still have lots of years of work left. But I think I'm going to look hard and at a volunteer program. I have always enjoyed taking kids on there first hunts and seeing them be successful. I think I'm going to look for a few families a year that have a child that has a medical condition or just wants to get into the outdoors. Teach them how to shoot and take them on there first few hunts. Antelope in Wyoming elk in Wyoming. Deer or Turkey in Texas. IDK. But I know we all need to do something to help our sport and our youth! If any of you have any experience with what I'm thinking please PM me. I may put up another post asking for advice.

Good old Minot. I was stationed there from 85 to 89.
I really do appreciate the offer. I'm currently stationed in beautiful Minot ND. The winters are beautiful here😬. Want to come visit? Lol. Seems to me like I see a bit more powder everyday. Shelves will fill back up. But this is what we should be doing for each other. Like I said I'm about to retire from the AF. Not completely sure what I'm going to do in retirement. I'm still young. Still have lots of years of work left. But I think I'm going to look hard and at a volunteer program. I have always enjoyed taking kids on there first hunts and seeing them be successful. I think I'm going to look for a few families a year that have a child that has a medical condition or just wants to get into the outdoors. Teach them how to shoot and take them on there first few hunts. Antelope in Wyoming elk in Wyoming. Deer or Turkey in Texas. IDK. But I know we all need to do something to help our sport and our youth! If any of you have any experience with what I'm thinking please PM me. I may put up another post asking for advice.

If your not "hoarding" reloading supplies right now your crazy. Lots of unknowns facing this country in the next few years