• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

RL26 @ Midsouth

So I'm curious, what quantity would be considered "hoarding"?

Right now I'm hurting for small rifle primers.

I know in the past I've had some pretty significant (to me) amounts of powder/primers. I'm sure to some I still might have too many. I'm sitting probably close to 70-80 lbs of powder. I don't consider this a lot though. I mean, I probably have 10-15 different kinds of powder I've tried through the years, then when I find something that works i try to get enough powder/primer/bullet at the same time to last the life of the barrel. Some guns (.300 wm I consider 12-1500) the life of the barrel) Whereas my .308's and .223 I've tried to use the same powder in them. I load for 18-20 different calibers and some friends and family, so in my mind 80 lbs can go pretty quick in my mind.

This ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ is exactly what is causing the shortage to be so severe.

Just sayin'

No it's Democrats getting elected, possibly controlling the senate, with pending gun restrictions legislation coming that's causing the shortage.

I wish I would have got more when it was available. No apologies here.

And if nothing comes of it will balance out and boosts the gun industry which is a good thing.

I think of it like this ---- imagine if reloading components were never going to be sold again - how would i fair?
Let's hope that's all just in your imagination. 😁 But if you were correct then I guess we all need enough bullets, powder and primers to last a lifetime. But then again, what about my 3 grandsons? Maybe enough for a few lifetimes. LOL

given the results of the recent purge i dont think im the only one who feels that way haha! fortunately i've been prepared long before this recent madness.

Last edited: