rings &bases remington 700

Leupold dual dovetail bases and Redfield Signature bases with the inserts

Light weight , strong , and you can use differant inserts is you wish to add MOA to the scope.

JD--
I'm guessing you meant Burris Signature rings....Good choice. New Talley Lightweights are very nice, too. One piece base ring combo machined from alloy barstock. Very light and strong and only cost about $35 for a set.

I like the double dovetail set up. Either Leupold rings/bases or Burris. Like JDJ was saying if you use the Burris Signiture rings you can change the inserts to increase maximum POA. The Burris set up also keeps the scope free of ring marks.

Yea Yea , thats what I meant , I was going to add something about not using the windage adjustale "Redfield style" rear mout and it got stuck.

I have also had good luck with using
Ken Farrel bases ($60)
and Tactical Precesion Systems , TSR rings their about ($50) from Brownells

get both the base and the rings are aluminum and are very tight tolerance , thats if your looking for a "tactical" style setup

I like the Ken Farrell base for the money, topped with either Burris rings or Leupold MK4's.

I don't like the dovetail setup, nor the windage adjustable rings.

Warning! This thread is more than 21 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.