Ring Height ?

Nape.270

I am putting a Sightron S3 6-24X50mm scope on my Factory Remington sps ss LA. I orderd a EGW 1 piece base and am going to order Burris 30mm Xtreme Tactical Picatinny-Style Rings.

I am wondering what height ring to order?

I think the low rings will work, but I am not sure can some on help me?:rolleyes:

I used Med. Burris signature rings with this 40mm Monarch and it's close. because of the one piece mount. a 50mm, you might want to re-think the low rings. But my set up is not the same as yours. If I was to put a 50mm on this rifle with the same rings as I used on the 40mm, I would have to use the high ones.
Rifle_003_Small_.jpg

With that size bell I think you will have to go medium or even high depending on the height the bases give. Some of the scope web sites give height info for a particular scope on a gun model. Even if it's not a perfect match it will give you an idea. Of course each ring manufacturer can/will usually have a different height for their 'medium' etc. I have used medium Warne rings with a 44mm objective Burris scope but I had to position the scope so it would just clear the barrel.

Glad to see they worked out for ya. I just mounted a Leupold 4.5-14X50 long range Vari-X III on my 7Mag today, I had to use the High rings. Now I have two rifles I have to sight in...gun)Tomorrow if the wind don't blow.

I went out a shot the Rifles today. I have a range on the back of my place. The .270 with the Monarch 3-9X40 BDC was close after bore sighting, All I had was some Rem. core lokt 150 gr. so I just got it close until I get some different ammo for that one, I don't care for Rem. ammo. The 7 Mag with the Leupold VariX III 4.5-14X50 took a little more to get it on. I was real happy with that Scope, I used 150 gr. Winchester ballistic silver tips in that one and got some 1" to 1.5" groups @ 100. not too bad for the first day.

Last edited:
After braking in the barrel i shot this group i am more than happy for a factory rifle with factory loads going to get a trigger job dun, bed the action and make up some hand loads this week.:)

hunting08.jpg

Nape that is the exact setup I'm thinking of going with. I just ordered that same scope. I wonder if the low rings would fit on the T3?? I'm trying to base it off of your pic.

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.