Ring and base advice

I always go for the TPS rings and rails. Seems like the best bang for the buck unless you want a one piece or are looking for the ultimate high end set up.

Hey all, new to the forum. Asking for a little help, I have a Fierce fury chambered in 28 nosler. Putting on a Leupold Mark 5HD 5-25x56, Just wondering what would be a good base and ring fit for this set up? Thanks for any advice.
Take a look at Near Manufacturing. Many options and they are all top notch. If strictly for hunting, check out the Alpha Mount. I've switched all of my hunting rifles to them and I'm extremely happy with them. Very strong and on back country hunts where they take a beating, peace of mind is everything.

MOOSE HUNT GIVEAWAY

Gunwerks, KUIU, Vortex Optics, Really Right Stuff, and TrophyProfile have teamed up with Greg McHale's Wild Yukon to give away a Moose hunt in the Yukon with Yukon Stone Outfitters. The winner will receive a guided and filmed moose hunt with Yukon Stone Outfitters in September 2023, along with a full KUIU gear package, a custom Gunwerks Rifle system, a Vortex Optics package, and a hunting tripod setup from Really Right Stuff.
Enter now! The giveaway closes on July 27, 2022.

Use this link to enter:

I'm certainly not in the class if most shooters on this forum. But, I will ask what are your intentions for the rifle……paper, steel, hunting, or all of the above!

If hunting is involved, I recommend a quick release base/rings, I've used Leupold for almost 30 years, with great success. For hunting, I always want to have a back-up scope zero'd and ready for use! I'm very sure that my rifle subjects my base/rings to far more recoil than you will experience, and I've had no problems! JMO memtb
Just wondering - have you ever experienced a scope failure while hunting that required removing it and using a backup sight? I've been hunting with scopes for 60 years, and never had that happen to me. Have I just been lucky?

Just wondering - have you ever experienced a scope failure while hunting that required removing it and using a backup sight? I've been hunting with scopes for 60 years, and never had that happen to me. Have I just been lucky?
Same here. I don't like quick detach mounts. But I don't go on $40k once in a lifetime hunts either.

I like Talley Lite weight ring bases on light rifles.For bigger long range scopes I use Warne two piece cases and Signature rings.I dislike Piccatinny rails because they reduce access to top loading your rifle.

Hey all, new to the forum. Asking for a little help, I have a Fierce fury chambered in 28 nosler. Putting on a Leupold Mark 5HD 5-25x56, Just wondering what would be a good base and ring fit for this set up? Thanks for any advice.
you r very limited in ring and base for this scope because it is a 35 mm tube. and you have a 56 mm occular. make sure you have a high comb or an adjustable comb stock. i have the 3.5 x 18 mk5hd on my 28 nosler and off the. ench no problem, but in a prone position i couldnt get my head high enough without lots of strain. this all came to light on my last trip to africa. i ended up stuffing cardboard under my stock ammo sleeve to raise the comb about .75 or a little more so i could center the eyepiece without strain or lifting cheek off of the stock. for a definitive fix i ordered the same stock with an adjustable cheek piece. still waiting for it. good luck. by the way i love my 28, shot game out to 1046 yds.

not dissing anyone here, but a lot of advice here is moot because of this scope 35 mm tube. if you dont have experience with this 35 mm tube 56 mm occular, a lot of the things mentioned dont apply. if you have questions about what your choices are , call benchmark barrels, they can easily give you your viable choices , quick and easy.

MY intention is definitely for hunting, but Also would like to shoot paper out to 1000yrds at some point and time. I Actually purchased a set of ARC M-Braced rings, but come to find out the two piece picatinny rails on the gun must be weavers and won't fit. So I was wondering if I should Get a one piece Mail-Std 1913 rail and call it good? I definitely appreciate the feed back.
You have as good a set of rings as you can buy. Now buy yourself a steel pic rail 20 MOA, I prefer Nightforce. Blue loctite or vibra-tite the screws, torque them to specs and you will be set.
Ted makes good stuff.