Rifle sling for hunting

The mag is slightly longer and weighs about 11oz, at 1-3/8" wide
Regular is 1-1/8 at 7oz

These have flush cup swivels on them.

I hope that extra 4 oz. is very noticeable! 😜 jus pull'n yer leg!

I just hope that it's comfortable, I've tried several over the past 50 years…..no winners yet! memtb

I run an old style M1 Garand sling.
I put the m1garand/m14 cotton sling on every hunting rifle I own, if you reconfigure the rear keeper which takes the sling and passes it through a metal keeper and put it through just one side of this keeper it makes the sling very fast to put on your arm and to take back off and the front end can be adjusted very fast by pulling the tail to release the adjusting clamp which when using the sling properly to steady the rifle in prone and sitting positions a fast sling to adjust like this is perfect for hunting. When a shooter learns how to use the sling properly it is very easy to shoot in the field one minute of angle and if it suits you a half minute of angle is quite possible prone. no need for a bipod. I'll bet 98% of hunters have never seen a sling used properly

The Ching Sling is a modified M1 Garand sling, only easier and quicker to mount. It's similar to the Hasty Sling, and if anyone is interested you can get more information from www.andysleather.com. Other companies sell the Ching and Rhodesian slings, but the best one is Andy's slings in North Carolina.

Need to find another sling for hunting rifle. Not looking for the traditional leather padded sling. Looking for a tactical style, adjustable with some elastic to it. I have a TAB Gear on 1 now and it's ok but I don't think they make it anymore. Lots of new companies these days building shooting bags and PRS stuff so wanted to see if anyone has any suggestions? Likes, don't likes, etc.
Thanks
As some of you may know... I'm in Germany. Here's a sling that was recently shown to me and I'm thinking about buying one:
Description:
With the patented Sauenhammer rifle sling, you can pull your rifle or shotgun firmly into your shoulder and ensure a significantly quieter reticle and more control when firing. A 3 cm wide (stretchable up to 16 cm) and 17 cm long opening in the upper third of the rifle sling provides enough space to insert the guide hand through. Now use your upper arm muscles to pull the rifle firmly into your shoulder.

Technical data:
Material: Neoprene with leather trimmings and polyester straps and metal buckles
Width (at pull opening): 3 cm
Width (below draw opening): 6 cm
Length (Non-Elastic Neoprene): 56 cm
Length (total): 103 cm
Adjustable length at top (length of pull): 7 cm
Weight: 117 grams
Cost round about $100 more or less... 😁

Attachments

• 20240527_124542.jpg
    20240527_124542.jpg
    72.2 KB · Views: 27
  • 20240527_124522.jpg
    20240527_124522.jpg
    16.1 KB · Views: 21
Last edited:
I bought a Slogan sling last year and tried using it. I've come to the conclusion that rubber is for tires and condoms not rifle slings. 🤪 I'm an old hi-power rifle shooter and like to sling up tight for shooting. Can't do it with a rubber sling. Maybe I'm just too old to change. I did find it handy for cinching down some stuff on my 4-wheeler.

Need to find another sling for hunting rifle. Not looking for the traditional leather padded sling. Looking for a tactical style, adjustable with some elastic to it. I have a TAB Gear on 1 now and it's ok but I don't think they make it anymore. Lots of new companies these days building shooting bags and PRS stuff so wanted to see if anyone has any suggestions? Likes, don't likes, etc.
Thanks
One cannot go wrong with slings from Tom Fuller at Armageddon Gear; has your preferred elastic section, military tested, confirmed gear, have several on tactical Barrett REC7s and REC10s. See Youtube videos. I don't usually prefer elastic in a sling from experience, don;t like the bounce, prefer more control. But, that said, for hunting, I have for decades gone with the Boonie Packer style sling....mulripe camos/black......called Safari sling by Boonie Packer ot Boonie Packer by Safari Sling?!??!?!....go figure. Also, see on YouTube (

Safari Gun Sling by Boonie Packer - Rifle Swivel Installation and Demonstration

). This video is very basic, doesn't begin to convey the multitude of options, positions, flexibility....they don't appreciate what they have. I use rubber bands/elastic bands/ponytail tie rings/Velcro strips to trap the sling loops onto the butt stock and fore end so a not to slip off as the video portrays....again one needs to explore the flexibility, needs, preferences. Concept VN developed/proven.....crude early field expedient versions brought my bacon home....for at-ready carry, 1 or 2 hands free, scope atop rifle up position, orient many positions barrel up/down, left/right/straight ahead/behind, including scope up tight under arm pit for penetrating heavy brush protecting scope not hanging on limbs. Sling barrel up or down, across chest or back. Fully adjustable for carry height. Have on probably 50+ rifles, including Barrett Fieldcrafts. Sling was about $20 at Cabellas last I purchased.....been several years as I bought numerous at last buy. Use on shotguns with sling studs, or slight modified with rubber bands/velcro strips for shotys without studs. Great for turkey/bird hunting, shoty at ready, weight on shoulders, 1 or 2 hands free for other tasks, using walking staff(s), holding onto trees/brush on steep banks/fording water. Just an old geezer's well tested preference. I find style most flexible, limited only by one's imagination, needs, preferences. Throw $20 bucks away and try it, play with it, pack it, test it, think beyond traditional sling application. I've never introduced it o anyone......most of our 20+ hunting group and gaggle of family members....ladies, men, kids.....that have decided it wasn't for them. Everyone finds a different trick for their preferences.

Last edited: