Rifle Cleaning

FWIW, I've treated all my barrels with Sentry Solutions' Smooth Kote (molybendum disulfate). The treatment process entails getting the barrel down to clean, bare metal (including rubbing alcohol to remove any cleaning solvent residues), then applying the Smooth Kote - first in liquid form, then in powder form.
Subsequent barrel cleanings entail using a dry nylon brush and dry patches.
I'm not a benchrest shooter, but I do shoot regularly, usually at medium range, in several calibers.
Because the treatment is applied to the barrel, and not the bullets, I have never developed a moly ring in any of my barrels.
I've had excellent results so far, from 300 Wby down to 243 Win.
(FWIW, the ease of cleaning had also helped my young son stay on track with cleaning his own rifles.)
The Smooth Kote must be periodically re-applied, depending on how much one shoots, the caliber, etc.

Have heard so many different ideals on bore cleaning and when it should be done. Was wanting to see what some of you guys do that shoot a great deal on when you decide to full bore clean. I have always done my reloading in 100 rnd batches and for years once I hit that 100 rounds fired I would reload a new 100 and do full bore clean. This has worked great but I recently started just shooting a rifle until groups opened up and then clean. I have also heard of PRS guys never cleaning a bore at all. Just wondering what some of you guys intervals are. Thanks fellows.
I used to clean every time I shot, even if it was one round. This was what I was taught and followed it religiously.

I've noticed by cold bore is slightly off form the rest, so I now like a fouled barrel.

I will clean after 50 rounds or so.

I think there really is no definitive answer. Different jackets, bullet constructions, moly, hbn, other coatings, type of powder, condition of the bore.... each foul differently.
Each and every firearm has their own characteristics! You'll know when it's time to clean it. Now what method is another popcorn, beer and recliner event.

Agree with fouled bore on hunting rifles. I generally see a POI shift after clean, cold bore. In the process of load development. Does anyone clean between loads (same bullet, same powder but different charge) or clean only when changing a component? Do you use fouling shots before going back to accuracy testing?

Y'all are making me paranoid lol going on a cleaning spree today! Getting a bunch of the girls out!
69EF18EC-2A0C-43AE-B0B3-F099C8FE5125.jpeg
B2DD4920-48D6-430F-BB0D-8EF7E224060F.jpeg
8E2FA394-0942-46CB-8177-D6F19C3E3314.jpeg

I hear ya. I don't mind cleaning a rifle, its a good beer drinking sport lol. I just don't want to be cleaning if I don't need to but I also don't want to abuse my barrel either. Its a fine line. I know some people that clean after every range session, that is not me for sure but I do think the 100 round interval works well and its easy to keep up with. And I know at 100 round marks on most SA stuff it aint to bad to clean. I shot 600 rounds out of 308 in a weekend and that ol' girl was NASTY!
Im with you on the 100 round interval on most rifles as I also load in 100 round batches. I do have a bench rifle that I will let go to 200 and I use HBN coated bullets in that one.

I use hex boron nitride on my bullets and was cleaning every 500 rounds. I might not clean this new barrel at all. Not sure yet.

Rem, do you see any copper present on the lands at the muzzle? I always see a bit of copper after that many rounds.