Reviewed All My Own Scopes Today

I do have a few Swarovski scopes (1 X5 and 2 Z5s and a couple older habich) they do have excellent glass— and I must admit almost all my binos and all my spotting scope equipment is Swarovskibut Swarovski offers no FFP offering in scopes so they usually don't ride on my LR stuff…

I do have a few Swarovski scopes (1 X5 and 2 Z5s and a couple older habich) they do have excellent glass— and I must admit almost all my binos and all my spotting scope equipment is Swarovskibut Swarovski offers no FFP offering in scopes so they usually don't ride on my LR stuff…
Swaro is the top tier in glass, especially the binos.

I really welcome any discussion on scope ability(s).

I have many rifles that I pull out of my gun safe upon demand, so I don't switch scopes from rifle to rifle preferring to pull a rifle out of the safe that is sighted in with corresponding data for up to 1,000-yard use. Some time ago a proven high production executive having much experience making stuff work suggested that I should sell off many of my scopes & buy 1 scope for 3-4 rifles & switch them upon demand. He observed the contents of my safe with many scopes having gold rings. This sort of made sense - like get one $1500 - $2000 scope instead or 5, $750 scopes and develop a system to switch scopes among rifles. Got to admit this has merit, Additional discussion followed with an evaluation of scope quality from our back deck over-looking features including road signs up to 800 yards. The discussion became more focused. A request was made to evaluate my best scope, a 6.5-20X50 VXIII with the least expensive, a 16X42 SWFA SS. We looked at various items and came to the mutual conclusion that the Leupold was superior. Then I was asked that how many of the SWFA scopes would be issued -like a need for 100 scopes deployed at the same time vs 3 scopes. I don't have100 rifles. At that point the young daughter, having 20-20 vison peered thru all the scopes that were mounted on tripods vs rifles and looked at western meadow larks (melodious songbirds, indigenous to western USA). The Leupold prevailed. The next question was before going on a shoot are the scopes checked out - either yes or no. This was followed by request to explain a sight-in procedures. This was provided - like 3 rounds at 100 then 3 more at 300. Then I was asked if I had any rifles in the safe that needed to be deployed for immediate situations -yes, an AR type & a .22-.250. The executive guy was a fast learner and quicky picked up on mounting systems. The end question - a $3,000 scope vs. 5, $750 scopes given an established sight in system. I always wanted a Schmidt & Bender.

You do know....Kahles is Swaro's sister company for the FFP crowd....;)

What's the best, lightest hunting scope? No matter price.

Right now tangent Theta 315 tactical hunter…bar none…glass is unbelievable—quality is super, turrets are super cool maybe still a tad heavy and I'd like a smidge more magnification, other than that wish it was at a 1500 dollar price point. Next trailing a good bit behind but a really good scope is the Mark 5 Leupold and the Maven RS1 and RS.3in my opinion…

Depends on what you consider "light". My lighterweight hunting rifles are not what some would consider "light". 9lbs scoped and suppressed. I don't mind adding a pound or two for stability and quality. And since I am a FFP guy, that leaves out some great SFP lightweight scopes like the Swaro Z5.

At 27oz, the Tangent Theta TT315M or TT315H 3-15×50 are top of the heap for a FFP absolute top of the line scope. Not truly "Light", but about as light as you are going to get and still be at the best.

The S&B PMII 5-20×50 Ultra Short at 29oz is no slouch, or the 3-20×50 Ultra Short at 30.5oz.

The Vortex Razor LRH 4.5-22×50 looks really nice at 21.5oz. Glass is not up to the above quality, but in all honesty, it is plenty for 95% of shooters. I have shot a few, and while I can see a difference, it is not enough to make anyone miss an animal at even long range hunting distances (1000ish).

Yeah… never really liked the style.. I really like the style of the LRHS and the TT 315hh… just perfect for hunting..the Maven RS1 is close…just a tweak on the top turret and it would be money
If/when you get a TT315H....beware. All your other scopes will start to leave a bad taste in your mouth...

I like to always have a beer in my pack in case I shoot something. When it comes down to comparing ounces in optics or anything really I ask myself do I need that 12 ounces in my pack? The answer is always if I can't handle that 12 ounces to celebrate I shouldn't even be here. I really like high end optics I don't think they make me a better hunter by any means but they do actually make me take the time to glass.