A+
A+
A+

Definitions:

FOV - how big the sight picture looks
Brightness - Self explanatory
Eye Box - How easy it is to remove scope shadow & keep the sight picture clear
Colors - How accurate and rich they look
Resolution - how easy to read fine print at 100yds (1/4" size letters)
Parallax - ease to eliminate and accuracy of the dial
Edge distortion- while moving head around fixed mounted gun
Turret feel - amount of slop/mush of click feel

Grading scale - 1990s A-F scale in school

Last edited:
You really scored the Bushnell high. I've never tried out this model. At least you have plenty of options. No European glass yet….?
Yeah, That Bushnell and the Leupold Freedom 3-9 EFR are the diamonds in the rough. The Bushnell is on my 1-mile 300WM rig. The EFR is on a .22 pellet gun. I tried to be as honest and unbiased as possible in the reviewing. The DMR II man, that thing just calms me when I'm ringing steel ELR. Tracking is spot on perfect too. I didn't cover that aspect in the review. It does seem the MRAD based scopes track truer to specs than the MOA based scopes.

All these scopes were purchased for below 1K. I have this gut feeling the Euro stuff demands such a higher price just for being "Euro". I will say, the Burris XTR III 5-30X56 is an absolute dream! Huge FOV! Japan bright glass. The only con is the reticle is a bit thin under 18X, but you buy that scope for 20-25X shooting.

Last edited:
I agree, I'm an optics snob that has a lot of rifles to scope so I have to use my fund wisely. I agree—the bushnell elite line is a solid buy…when you could buy the LRHS and LRTS for around $800 it was a steal.I kind of have a $1500 limit on what I feel really good about.my leupold Mark V was $1700 far more than the most I spent On any of my bushnells. I bought one forge model—while not bad—it is not near the quality of the LRHS/LRTS so I left that line and started holding my LRHS's. I would love to get my hands onBurris XTR III 3.3x18 and try out although I hear it is a bit heavy . I had a couple XTR II but found the glass Behind bushnell and really heavy.I have been consistently impressed with Maven RS offering. There RS.1 and RS.3 really out kick their coverage.I am going to buy a Tangent Theta TT315 hunter…way more than I want to spend…but I really like this scope—I think it unique and will move it around. Enjoyed your post and thoughts.

Last edited:
I agree, I'm an optics snob that has a lot of rifles to scope so I have to use my fund wisely. I agree—the bushnell elite line is a solid buy…when you could buy the LRHS and LRTS for around $800 it was a steal.I kind of have a $1500 limit on what I feel really good about.my leupold Mark V was $1700 far more than the most I spent On any of my bushnells. I bought one forge model—while not bad—it is not near the quality of the LRHS/LRTS so I left that line and started holding my LRHS's. I would love to get my hands onBurris XTR III 3.3x18 and try out although I hear it is a bit heavy . I had a couple XTR II but found the glass Behind bushnell and really heavy.I have been consistently impressed with Maven RS offering. There RS.1 and RS.3 really out kick their coverage.I am going to buy a Tangent Theta TT315 hunter…way more than I want to spend…but I really like this scope—I think it unique and will move it around. Enjoyed your post and thoughts.
Wow, our observations of glass are identical. I've looked through high end Euro glass (Schott) and it seems to have truer color and though not quite as insanely bright as some Japanese glass, it gave more contrast, high resolution and warmth. The Jap glass (LOW) scopes are bright whites and blues, crystal with a flatter image.

Last edited:

Recent Posts