Revic Scope Advice

Idaho Hunter1

Looking at the Revic PMR 4.5-28 Mil ILL RX1 and wondered do any of you all use it And what are your thoughts?

I have watched the videos (mostly by Gunwerks) and like the idea. I am very familiar with integrating a Kestrel with applied ballisitcs, rangefinder (Leica 3200.com and a BR2500), and dialing for the solution on high end scopes (Khales, ZCO, NF).

The use of the scope would be used for both hunting and PRS style shooting if it lends itself to both.

So here are the questions I have:
1) How is the glass? What is it comparable to?
2) Is it suitable to hunting? What about near first and last shooting light?
3) Is it in the same class or better for PRS as the original method of Kestrel/RF/Scope? I watched Phil's GW videos.
4) Why does it not show up as an option for a Gunwerks build?

Please let's not turn this into a bashing session, just trying to gather good facts to use in my decision. Thanks in advance!

I have a Revic PMR 4.5X28 I've been using for a couple years. I don't really use it for hunting because it's on a heavier rifle I shoot. I use it on a 6 XC I built and mostly use it to shoot steel out to 1500 yds.

First off because of what it does it is on the heavy side but most of top quality scopes are on heavy side. It's designed for the younger tech savy generation and since I started reloading in the early 60's I'm not in that group. I struggled getting it set up and wouldn't consider using it on multiple rifle due to that fact. If your life is controlled by your smart phone you'll love it

I think the optic is OK but I shoot 4 Kahles and 3 Hensoldt scopes most of the time so not comparable to them. Maybe my HD 5 Leupold is closer.
It's a great scope for hunting except the weight and if your rifles in an nice warm truck and get out into 32 degree cold air it will not be a correct adjustment. You will miss

I find shooting steel from 200-1200 yards the turret is very accurate and it's very nice not looking up data for each shot BUT be sure to always carry extra batteries. Have twice gone shooting and the battery is gone. They really don't last too long doing all that computer work.

I've had two rifle's built by Gunwerks and have the second generation range finder by them. This scope is an example of the great products they are known for and the CUSTOMER SERVICE is second to none. I'm a very pleased Gunwerks customer.

Any more questions let me know.
Rick

I have a Revic PMR 4.5X28 I've been using for a couple years. I don't really use it for hunting because it's on a heavier rifle I shoot. I use it on a 6 XC I built and mostly use it to shoot steel out to 1500 yds.

First off because of what it does it is on the heavy side but most of top quality scopes are on heavy side. It's designed for the younger tech savy generation and since I started reloading in the early 60's I'm not in that group. I struggled getting it set up and wouldn't consider using it on multiple rifle due to that fact. If your life is controlled by your smart phone you'll love it

I think the optic is OK but I shoot 4 Kahles and 3 Hensoldt scopes most of the time so not comparable to them. Maybe my HD 5 Leupold is closer.
It's a great scope for hunting except the weight and if your rifles in an nice warm truck and get out into 32 degree cold air it will not be a correct adjustment. You will miss

I find shooting steel from 200-1200 yards the turret is very accurate and it's very nice not looking up data for each shot BUT be sure to always carry extra batteries. Have twice gone shooting and the battery is gone. They really don't last too long doing all that computer work.

I've had two rifle's built by Gunwerks and have the second generation range finder by them. This scope is an example of the great products they are known for and the CUSTOMER SERVICE is second to none. I'm a very pleased Gunwerks customer.

Any more questions let me know.
Rick
Thank you for that info! Very helpful.