Restock Browning A-Bolt Short Action

I didn't really notice much difference. Not going to lie, I bought that stock off of someone second hand, waited a while to install it. Isntalled it (with a bedding job), broke the trigger, ordered a new one, then it sat in the safe for more than a year or maybe two. I just started shooting it again this past summer. It feels good though, I like it, I have a couple of other Bell and Carlson stocks on other rifles too.
Is the trigger removal straightforward or multiple steps?

Difficult or risky

Is the trigger removal straightforward or multiple steps?

Difficult or risky
It's pretty straight forward. You will have to remember how it goes back together though. While you're at it, you might as well order springs from Timney and replace it for a much better feeling trigger.

Tape the barrel lug?

Or not to tape?

I'm assuming the tape is = to thickness that allows the lug to slip in and out of stock

But that's got to be 0.004" front rear and sides so idk how that's a slip fit afterwards. Sounds like a loose fit to me.

I wouldn't tape the recoil lug. I've never done it that way. You don't really want any play in there. That's the whole point of bedding it. You could tape the barrel to ensure clearance in the forend, but I wouldn't.

chav

Have you used the Marinetex Grey with the factory Browning synthetic stock?

Wondering about compatibility for bonding/sticking to the Browning Plastic Stock

Or anyone else who's done one

I still can't decide on a release agent

I like the idea of something household, or non-specialized, to be able to grab it at the local hardware store

When people talk about the Kiwi Neutral Shoe polish, 1) wipe on 2) buff off
Are they talking an electronic power buffer? Or are they talking just Hand buff again after it dries?

I thought for sure there would be a paste available you could hand rub 2 coats over the entire rifle steel and start working

I bedded my ABOLT when I bought a McMillan stock for it. Not hard to do. I did tape the barrel to center the barrel. I used the grey marine tex with kiwi neutral shoe polish. I didn't buff it out but I have heard you can.
20160417_155120.jpg
20200514_160912.jpg
20160421_202015-1.jpg