bedding a browning a-bolt

popwarlick

Browning a-bolt 300 win mag.Factory bedding was halfass.You could rock the gun in the stock.I bedded the stock under the rear tang,front of the trigger ***.,recoil lug(rear,front,under.Ive been trying 75.5gr reloder22,180gr accubond,win Lrm primers,lapua brass.Wondering if i done to much bedding.Good trigger,6.5-20 varix3.,sporter barrel.What would be considered a good group at a 100yds.Thanks for any info.Terry

All the A-bolts I have seen were able to shoot decinet , accuracy wise. The bedding should cover the entire bottof of the action if possible , not realy needed under the side rails , the front both sides and the bottom of the recoil lug should have some space around them or you can cause the action to be stressed. A couple pieces of masking tape works well as a spacer , the only place you want contact with the recoil lug and bedding is behind the lug and all the bottom of the action.

Check to see if the barrel is touching the stock anyplace if it is you want to stop that , you might also check your trigger , all the Browning guns I've messed with had very heavy triggers

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.