request for info: ELD-M jump experiences

Bax

I'm looking for some general jump ranges that folks have found work well for the hornady eldm's. thanks in advance

brentc

I've had good luck at .020" with ELD-Ms and Xs across several different calibers ranging from .224 through .338.

Reactions: Bax

bowkill02

I'm running .005 off with the 208 eldm In my win mag. I got lucky and didn't have to fiddle with seating depths once I switched to those pills!

Reactions: Bax

JJMoody

Although maybe not entirely relevant, The 212Xs shot well in my 300 Lapua at -10 and 40 thou off groups opened up as I went deeper.

Hand Skills

Admittedly I don't have a a ton of experience with ELD-M's - mainly 22 and 30cal. My limited experience supports the general theory that lighter for cal bullets tolerate jump better than heavier pointier ones. In reality this has more to do with bullet shape than weight, but in the case of the ELD-M the two are correlated. Which ELD-M's are you considering, Bax?

Bax

Admittedly I don't have a a ton of experience with ELD-M's - mainly 22 and 30cal. My limited experience supports the general theory that lighter for cal bullets tolerate jump better than heavier pointier ones. In reality this has more to do with bullet shape than weight, but in the case of the ELD-M the two are correlated. Which ELD-M's are you considering, Bax?
Buddy and I are gonna shoot 28noslers with 180gr ELD-m in a match in a couple weeks. Outta be s winner

Reload10

.224 75gr ELDM shot best at 0.020" (plus or minus 5 thou) with Varget

Hand Skills

Buddy and I are gonna shoot 28noslers with 180gr ELD-m in a match in a couple weeks. Outta be s winner
I'm envious, that combination should be a real wind walker. Being long and pointy, my guess is you'll be chasing the lands for best accuracy with that one though, best of luck!

Bax

I'm envious, that combination should be a real wind walker. Being long and pointy, my guess is you'll be chasing the lands for best accuracy with that one though, best of luck!
It’s gonna be interesting to see how fast the OAL grows for sure.

Trending threads