? Removing boss for hunting

Maverick

I have a browning a-bolt 300 win mag with the boss.Can the gun be sighted in with the boss and then change it out to the
Boss-cr when I go deer hunting without having to sight the gun in again? I am guessing that you probably need to reshoot the gun but I was wondering if anyone might know. Also will the fps change with the cr?
Thanks Maverick

I'm pretty anal about stuff hanging on the barrel or touching the barrel. If any item changes I reshoot for verification, I do this several different times to become confident in the consistence of the change between components.

Short answer from me would be.... If you change anything you need to re-verify your zero and trajectory data to some degree. Long Range Hunting sort of precludes the "guessing game" model(s) of shooting...try it and know for sure.

As long as you don't move the boss at all when changing the muzzle brake to the CR there shouldn't be a problem. BUT! Personally I would shoot a group with the muzzle brake and then change to the CR and see what happens.

Warning! This thread is more than 21 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.