• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED Remington XP100 in 7mm BR - For Sale

Just curious, you said you had the original receipt, would be curious to know what it cost when you bought it 20 years ago?

10 years ago you could buy a mint condition XP for $400-$500. Five years ago it seemed everything was in the $500-$600 range for a nice XP.

Now its not uncommon to see +$800 on a factory rig.

They are getting hard to swallow with these price jumps but if you want an XP I guess thats what you have to do. To rich for my blood for a donor receiver which is what it would be for me personally.

Fiftydriver,

The receipt says I paid $400 for it on November 23, 1992. So your assessment was correct. What do you charge for some of that custom work on the XP100s? If it doesn't sell I may be interested.

To all others,

In general I realize that most things depreciate, but some items actually appreciate. My wife has a 1968 Porsche 912 with 27k original miles on it. I don't know what they cost new in 1968 or even what it's worth now, but I'm betting 2-4 times higher now.

Then some may say that the XP100 is too expensive because then it would need bunch of money to customize it as in the previous photos by Fiftydriver. If that's the case you may want to look at Rifles Inc to see what kind of costs are involved in custom gun work. They make some great lightweight custom rifles for around $3,000, but as their website says "plus customer-supplied action." You can buy a Rem 700 action new any day of the week, but try finding a completely stock XP100 with less then 130 rounds through it at your local gun shop. I doubt there are very few in any XP100s left in the world that are new in a box with no rounds through it and I'd like to think mine is somewhat close to that mark.

I realize the price may scare some off, but I think the gun is worth it and I hope someone (at least one guy) thinks so too. Thanks all for the interest.

Thanks
Bwht4x4

If you do not sell the handgun, shoot me an e-mail at [email protected] and we can talk over your options. Do not like to post prices on a public thread and there are so many possibilities its impossible to really make any quote that would mean anything until we have a plan of attack of what you are wanting to do with the XP.

The XP is worth what the market will support. If you can get $1100 out of it, more power to you. Its becoming a collectable even if your just using the receiver for a project, a premium will have to be paid as the availablility drops off. Just a matter of supply and demand. Nothing to be ashamed of, again, if you can get it, get what you can!!!

Iv got a XP 284 Kirby built. Everyone that shoots it wants to buy it. Its not happening one of the best shooting guns Iv ever owned.

He is building me another one right now bigger and meaner.:D
XP31.jpg

After seeing what Kirby + one XP-100 + any WSM equals; good Lord do I want to send him my little ole 7mm BR and turn it into a 300 WSM or a 358 WSM; but dammit, he already has one of my rifles, LOL! :^D