• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED Remington UML

Ok fellas, This is the laminate stock. it has been properly bedded, trigger tuned and muzzle brake installed for non saboted bullets but you can take it off. It has the upgraded Arrowhead rifles breech plug and fitted Thor bullets. It comes with all accessories that you see. It was shot with Blackhorn powder and cleaned after. Was going to use it on whitetails in Ill. but covid scrubbed it last year and just cleaning out the safe. It has talley one piece rings and bases.

1300.00 OBO shipped.

Attachments

• 20210914_120953.jpg
    20210914_120953.jpg
    989.6 KB · Views: 166
  • 20210914_121000.jpg
    20210914_121000.jpg
    833.2 KB · Views: 159
  • 20210914_121009.jpg
    20210914_121009.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 154
  • 20210914_121430.jpg
    20210914_121430.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 163
Last edited:
Hey there....pardon my ignorance if this is a dumb question, but can you shoot smokeless powder? I know you can't in the stock Rem UML, but doesn't that Arrowhead breech plug allow for it? If so, I have a couple of different friends who may want it.
Also, with the accessories, I see 2 bags of primer modules. The smaller module is for the current setup I assume? Can those be used over and over?
This looks like a very economical way to get into a longer range muzz. And if it shoots smokeless, it's a heckuva deal.

Hello, I have not researched if this can do smokeless. The blackhorn 209 is great powder and meters well. The priming setup from Arrowhead allows you to use them over and over. You deprime on a normal press with a 308 shell holder and reprime. The outfitter told me to buy it as it is the best set-up.

Thanks. I can check with Arrowhead and confirm, but I'm almost positive the same breech system is used in all of their custom smokeless builds and Encore conversions to smokeless.
The 209 is nice option in rifles that aren't built to handle smokeless. I used to shoot it before moving to smokeless. It was much more accurate and cleaner than triple seven or pyrodex. It also gave me 250-300 fps more velocity.
As good as 209 is, the move to smokeless was a no brainer. With your bullet to bore capability, even a mild load of smokeless (I use 73.5gr of 4198) should push a 325gr bullet around 2800fps. With cleaning and maintenance being no different than any centerfire.
You've done all the necessary modifications and incurred the costs to have a legit 500-600yd smokeless muzz. So someone will get a great deal and be able to plug and play from the start.
I'll pass this listing to my friends and see if they have any interest.

Factory UML's barrels aren't designed for smokeless. I have the same set up as above except I put an aftermarket manners stock on it and cerokoted the metal. From what I was told smokeless barrels have a longer shank than a factory UML. The longer shank holds more pressure than a shorter.

Het Hunter67,
I got a couple questions: How did it shoot? Load development done? And if so, how far did you get data to. Also, are you having to resize those Thor's specific to the muzzle diameter of your ML? What weight of Thor's does she like?
Regards,

Hey, I ordered the sample pack and fitted them and then ordered the correct size. It shot ok like two inches at 100. I took the brake off and shot Barnes sabots and they shot better close to an inch. I put it away as I could not find the powder to continue. I have 1500.00 in the package. It just needs worked up.