Remington 700 Special Run 300 WSM

speeders

Well i finally bought a gun after a lot of reading, looking and getting my hands on a bunch of different rifles. I ended up with a remington 700 laminated thumbhole in 300 WSM. Remington was the last rifle on my list but i love the feel and got a smoking deal.

I tore it apart and cleaned the action barrel etc and noticed in the stock above the swivel stud there is a built up portion of the stock that the barrel sits on. After putting the stock together I went to run a bill under the barrel to see if it free floated. Well it stopped right there above the swivel stud.

Anyone with this particualr gun? Did you leave this in? remove it? anyone have an opinion on this. I believe its definaltey going to effect accuracy with the barrel sitting on this.

Any info would be appreciated.

Attachments

Tikkamike

Pretty much any remington you buy will have this. most people sand them out including me. However its probably smarter to shoot it first because there is a slight chance its one of those rifles that likes a little up pressure on the barrel... More than likely it will shoot better with it gone

Latest Classifieds

Nightforce has great tracking capabilities, they are rugged, a bunch of elevation, holds zero forever, and reticles are designed for long range shooting. So if you are looking to shoot long distances constantly, then you need a scope that can take the abuse. -- gilmillan1

Culture Of Excellence At Nightforce Optics
By Len Backus

A high level of quality both in production and in service. Read More

Nightforce is such a solid combo of reticle, available elevation, glass that is good enough to shoot at the longest range you can dial. Nightforce has bullet proof construction that can handle the incidental horse rolling or some other rodeo action. -- bigngreen

Nightforce ATACR Scope Review
By Jeff Brozovich

The new NightForce ATACR is for sure a top choice for any long range shooter. Read More

The total package. Nightforce is the best I have used as far as turret feel and solid detents. I have never had one that didn't track right on and always return to zero. Nightforce NXS is the best value for everything I need. -- Broz

Nightforce Velocity 1000 Reticle Review
By Scott Shreve

I think Nightforce knocked it outta the park with this reticle! Read More

NightForce