Remington 700 Recall Timney Trigger solution

:) I too am a Reminton 700 Owner but I haven't had any malfunctions with my Factory Trigger , but I have been thinking about another Trigger that would perform smoother . I wish you and All The Hunters a Fantastic Hunting Season .

It doesn't matter whether you've had any problems or not, just like the thousands that had never had a problem with the Walker Fire Control Trigger mechanism in the ones that this mechanism replaced before their's misfired. Unfortunately about 20 people have been killed when those rifles were pointed in the wrong direction when they went off. I'd suggest you pay attention to the recall and not load your rifle until it has had th trigger replaced or sent to the factory. I'd do the aftermarket replacement if it was mine.

Because of the fact that there has been people killed by the failure of the Walker setup is why im putting in the timney. I wouldnt feel safe walking through the hills or wherever im hunting with a rifle slung over my shoulder knowing that the trigger mechanism is unsafe. I must admit its a **** shame but I really love my rifle and this simple fix will not only get rid of that unsafe trigger but improve my rifles overall performance.

I've got 7 NEW RIFLES in their recall , their last HELPFUL SUGGESTION , was for me to take to a LOCAL Authorize Repair Center . Well that's 250 mile one way . I emailed back and asked what were they paying for gas , mileage and any overnight expenses .....................Well , of course NOTHING ! . but they would in light of all the problems , give me a 15% discount off any Remington product , well all but the 1911 . Which I've recently have read , have also been recalled . I think it's save to say ,I won't be buying anything REMINGTON for a while .

Is it just me, or is it a bunch of crap that remington can make a mistake of this magnitude, and by slow support, put their customers in the position of having to pay their own hard earned cash in the hundreds of dollars to have a working/safe firearm for hunting season. And on top of this, after having spent a significant amount for the firearm itself.

If you guys keep opting to resolve these kinds of problems on your own dime, well, from a cost benefit analysis, the manufacturer can keep producing junk and not really have to take responsibility for their shoddy work. It's an ugly little marry go round that none of us want to be on. If they can keep their margin of error within specs... They will still stay in business at the tremendous cost passed on to their customers. If they can't keep it in spec... Their rep will plummet and they will have to improve quality or risk going down the tubes.

My vote... Send every gun back for service when they produce ****. If people overwhelm them with repairs.... It will be inconvenient for them and THEY will be motivated not to let these poor quality control products get to market.

Well short of the could be bad , might not be bad trigger . I'm not removing bases, rings, scopes , stocks , and play the waiting game . Also , one call/email with them ...I might or might not get the one I send back , same caliber , but maybe not the one I mailed back to them ???? Nope . Get somebody's shot out barrel or who knows what , with no options to correct this ???? Remington , has cut their own throat on this already , add the other past problems .....................
Hello CZ, Ruger , Tikka, Savage .

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.