• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

Remington 700 Long Range 25-06 (new)

Last call.

$1150 RIFLE/scope + shipping

$1000 for RIFLE only + shipping

Thanks

I have a Remington 700 Long Range 25-05 for sale. It is new unfired.

Comes with:
  • 26 in barrel with a 1-10 twist rate
  • Duracoated coyote tan
  • Remington trigger (replaced the X-Mark Pro)
  • 20 moa rail
  • MC3 stock
  • Magpal bottom metal
  • KRG bolt lift
  • Factory box
  • Burris 4.5-14 MTAC scope

$1350 plus shipping.
New price - $1250 with the scope
or $1150 rifle only
What bullets did you find to shoot the best in this gun? With that 1:10 twist I'd expect for it to be in the heavier weight bullet range? What was the price of those bullets? I've been looking online at bullet prices for 25-06 & found it pretty a expensive caliber to shoot.

I purchased the gun new the box. It is still new unfired. I have 2 boxes 117 Hornady (seconds). I picked them up at Hornady when I lived near Grand Island, Ne.

Regards

What bullets did you find to shoot the best in this gun? With that 1:10 twist I'd expect for it to be in the heavier weight bullet range? What was the price of those bullets? I've been looking online at bullet prices for 25-06 & found it pretty a expensive caliber to shoot.

There are plenty of fine bullet choices for the 25-06 that won't break the bank, if you're looking for super long range rounds you'll likely have to roll your own or spend a bit more.
A search on AmmoSeek will show you 117gr Hornady American Hunter are $24/box and New Vista Arms Remmy Core lokts at 120gr for $33/box. Both soft points have killed deer for years out of the venerable 25-06. I have seen the old Remmy CoreLokts drop a doe at 280yds in MO, I'm sure with some effort you can get out much further.
You can find ELD rounds also but they cost more in all calibers not just 25-06. Still cheaper than wildcat rounds or magnums
GLWS
I saw Hornady Precision Hunters today at my local gun shop for $42, same as the 6.5CM's sitting next to them.