Remington 700 base and rings, What style, brand?

dkweeks

I have a new 700 Sendero SF II in 300RUM. I am looking for the highest quality base and rings for this rifle. I am putting a Leupold Mk4 or VX-III with TMR on it. I would like to have stainless base and rings if possible. I have heard both sides of the 1 or 2 piece base situation, which has just left me confused. I am just trying to have the most Solid and Precise system in place. I am not sure which way to go. Please help with these 2 things.

A) 1 or 2 piece base and why (benefits, problems, brand, etc.)

B) type of base (benefits, problems, brand, etc.)

Thanks in advance for any input into helping with my rookie confusion.

If you want a stainless finished set of bases and rings there are several companies that make them...though I have yet to see a set of stainless or silver bases and rings that even come close to matching the rifle finish, and your Sendero has a bright stainless steel polished finish

Leupold's dual dovetail is very sold set up. If you want the absolute best and rock solid mount, then a Badger Ordnance one piece base and rings may be your ticket for around $300.00 plus smackers.

I went with the badger ordinance rings and base, and have been very happy with them.

I went with a 1 piece base because it seems more solid to me...ie..alignment.

heard a ton of good about badger's stuff, so thats why I went with them. Although I have heard good stuff about a lot of different brands out there....ken farrel, nightforce, leupold mk4 stuff, also the burris signiture rings, etc...

ordered my stuff from SFWA online, good prices and fast shipping.

Without a doubt...

d.jpg

www.seekinsprecision.com

JB

Both of these look great. I am not stuck on the stainless idea and these look to be what I am looking for. Next question as a result of looking at the website. What MOA if any should I get? I am not sure where this comes in to play. Again, thanks in advance. I appreciate the help this board offers, especially us new to this side of shooting.

P.S. I have a shot a (Marlin 336 .30-30 with a Simmons scope from walmart) all my life and now I have a bit of land that you can have shots further than 200 yards.

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.