Remington 700 .223 magazine length

Is it possible to remove the magazine block to load some longer projectiles into a .223 Remington case? If it isn't, is there a manufacturer of such an item, or do I need to bend and test my own?

Is it possible to remove the magazine block to load some longer projectiles into a .223 Remington case? If it isn't, is there a manufacturer of such an item, or do I need to bend and test my own?

Yes it is.
But you should change the bullet follower to one that fits the mag box without the filler.

Almost any of the standard bullet followers will work for the short action.

J E CUSTOM

Thank you very much!

Now that one issue is settled, would it cause many issues upon feeding (because of the feed lips being in the same place, but the case head location would be changed)?

Or does this seem like a fruitless pursuit?

Thank you very much!

Now that one issue is settled, would it cause many issues upon feeding (because of the feed lips being in the same place, but the case head location would be changed)?

Or does this seem like a fruitless pursuit?

The spacer is at the back of the magazine, but the action is still the same as a 308 or short action cartridge and the bolt comes back to the same point.

Removing the mag spacer is done all the time on many different actions and with a new bullet follower that fits the mag without the spacer they work fine.

J E CUSTOM

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.