REMINGTON 260 Loads

ernierod

Will be reloading this cartridge for tack driving/target shooting soon. Could use some ideas as to popular bullet weight/type/amount of powder-pet loads for shooting up to 800/900 yds.Twist rate-1:8/Barrel lenght 26"/Krieger/SS/5R. Many Thanks Erod

Last edited:
Will be reloading this cartridge for tack driving/target shooting soon. Could use some ideas as to popular bullet weight/type/amount of powder-pet loads for shooting up to 800/900 yds. Many Thanks Erod

What twist rate do you have? How long is your barrel? The 260 with one of the excellent 139-142 grain projectiles is capable out to those ranges and a bit further with the right set up. I like the Berger 140 myself but that is only one rifle and you might have better results with something else. Powder wise the cartridge responds quite well from medium to slow burning powders. I prefer slow and all of my loads are compressed except for one using the 100 grain ballistic tip for varmint vapourization.

130 berger vld's, 44 grains of H4350, remington primers and brass. 2900 fps and 1/2 moa out of a remington 700 with a 26 in krieger barrel, 1:8 twist with a trued action. bullets seated to 3.010 @ custom chambered with a finish reamer via dave kiff @ PTG. shoots farther & better than i can range.

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.