Remington® Premier AccuTip™ Muzzleloader Bullets

Timeout

I recently purchased a Remington 700 muzzleloader - not the new Ultimate. I am reading that the Remington Premier AccuTip bullets are only for use in the Ultimate. I'm trying to ascertain the reason for that. Barrel twist rate, internal barrel diameter, groove depth? Has anyone reading here contacted Remington about this? Thanks for reading!

I recently purchased a Remington 700 muzzleloader - not the new Ultimate. I am reading that the Remington Premier AccuTip bullets are only for use in the Ultimate. I'm trying to ascertain the reason for that. Barrel twist rate, internal barrel diameter, groove depth? Has anyone reading here contacted Remington about this? Thanks for reading!

The Remington bullets are Barnes. They created a sabot which would withstand the higher pressures of the RU rifle. It may or may not obturate enough to provide a great seal shooting lighter charges.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.