Rem trigger

johnnyk

I have a take off Remington 700 trigger, it's the pre-X Mark. I would like to take it apart and clean it up good. How many springs inside the housing that I can't see? JohnnyK.

I have a take off Remington 700 trigger, it's the pre-X Mark. I would like to take it apart and clean it up good. How many springs inside the housing that I can't see? JohnnyK.

There are a lot of parts that can get misplaced so I would recomend washing it real good with WD-40 and let it set/drain for an hour then blow it with computer keyboard air and then oil
with a good grade of gun oil and wipe off all of the access oil.

Normally this will return them to like new condition.

They can be tricky if this is your first one to take apart.

Just a suggestion

J E CUSTOM

JE,
Thank you for the suggestion. I will take it as gospel coming from you. I know you have more experience and knowledge in this area than me. JohnnyK.

There are a lot of parts that can get misplaced so I would recomend washing it real good with WD-40 and let it set/drain for an hour then blow it with computer keyboard air and then oil
with a good grade of gun oil and wipe off all of the access oil.

Normally this will return them to like new condition.

They can be tricky if this is your first one to take apart.

Just a suggestion

J E CUSTOM

+2
I use mineral spirits as a soak and blow with a stiff stream of air and lightly oil with tri flow and the blow again to get the oil in the housing. Now I take them apart and clean and polish all the right places. if you have 2 take one apart and use the other as a reference if you can't figure it out. If you run into a problem PM me and I can walk you thru it or help you out some how

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.