• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

Rem Model 7 in .260 Rem. What's it worth?

Just yesterday I started looking for a model 7 for my son. I found them in stainless for $650-700, gun only. The scope can be had for $300 new. So in blue used $500 ish plus $100-150 for the scope. Ammo? If it were stainless, we'd be talkin.

No way on a model seven. Remingtons are absolute crap. I wouldn't go any higher than $150. And you'll have to pay me to take that scope and ammo. So looks like you'll owe me about $100 to take it off your hands. Please ship to my FFL in Georgia. I'll leave good feedback. thanks.

On a serious note, $1000/$500000 = .2% of the bill. I would personally hold onto the rifle. That's just me. I buy, sell, trade all the time, and I always regret selling.

Average in-state costs for med school is about 35k/yr x 4yrs. So about 140k. Now Harvard, yeah you might spend 3-400k.

My son is looking at this path.

Hi,

My daughter has a Remington Model 7 in .260 Remington that we are thinking about selling. She's headed to med school & needs the money now more than she needs the rifle. It is blued steel with a synthetic stock. It has a Nikon Monarch 2.5-10 x 44 duplex scope and will come with about 7 boxes of factory ammunition. I think I still have a wood stock for it in my attic.

It's a great cary rifle with minimal recoil. She never missed with it or needed more than one shell for a hunt.

What should she be asking for it?

Buano here's what you need to do. Give your girl $1k and tell her you sold it. Clean it up good and put it away then give it to her when she is done with school. She'll love it.

Buano here's what you need to do. Give your girl $1k and tell her you sold it. Clean it up good and put it away then give it to her when she is done with school. She'll love it.
That is what I did and Russ661 is right. I started my daughter on a 700 titanium in 260. She felt like selling it would help with the Vet School bill so I "sold it" for her. After seeing the magnitude of the total school bill she often mentioned the serious regret of having sold the ol' deer slayer for a school loan that is not at all noticeably smaller. I upgraded the trigger and scope and gave it back to her after her white coat ceremony. You only get one first gun and she had tears getting hers back.

Average in-state costs for med school is about 35k/yr x 4yrs. So about 140k. Now Harvard, yeah you might spend 3-400k.

Next best thing to having the Navy train you to be a Pilot is having the Navy pay for your MED school.

[/QUOTE]

Plus board & room, books @ $150- $200+ ea., lab fees, misc

Ive sold quite a guns in the past. to really get them moving and not sitting for sale for weeks/months. 30% off retail has been a happy medium for me.

you'll always get that guy that will send screen shots/links to adds saying how cheap he can get it for instead of buying yours used - so be ready for that.

people will always tell ya how much stuff is worth - but in reality, if you expect top dollar - be ready to sit on it. if your patient - great! if not, your in for a rude awakening.

Best idea yet I believe this is your best route

I bought a Model 7 in 243 not long ago for my son. It was bedded in a nice aftermarket wooden stock and came with a cheap scope, I paid $650. The thing shoots as well as anything else I own. Several people have tried to buy that from me since then.....I just politely decline.