• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED Rem Model 10, 12 gauge pump shotgun

mrbb

Rem Model 10, 12 gauge pump shotgun
its in good working condition, but will call overall condition 40 % or maybe a tad better, has normal wear and tear from a gun that was used for hunting for a few decades and then put away
located at zip code 18237
and asking $250.00 OBO

Last edited:
What is zip code 1837? (Seems like a digit is MIA.) Your profile shows NE PA, so I'm guessing from that area?
Any chance to see a picture of the shotgun? Thanks

I will try again tomorrow to get pic's up
for what ever reason, I am having issues getting pictures on this site, some times it lets me and some times it just doesn't?

I will try again tomorrow to get pic's up. For whatever reason, I am having issues getting pictures on this site; some times it lets me and some times it just doesn't?
That's frustrating when something works at times and not at others. I've had pretty good luck with files in the .jpg or .jpeg format if that helps.

ok I THINK I got these to work, , I am far from being a high tech guy and doubt I will ever be!
I KNOW I can Email pic's just fine, but some times these forums, seem to fight me, work today not tomorrow and no clue why
but anyhow
here are what I have handy, I can always take more of any part one wishes to see better if asked to!

Attachments

• rem model 10 016.JPG
    rem model 10 016.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 32
  • rem model 10 003.JPG
    rem model 10 003.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 29
  • rem model 10 004.JPG
    rem model 10 004.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 25
  • rem model 10 006.JPG
    rem model 10 006.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 29
  • rem model 10 007.JPG
    rem model 10 007.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 55
and then the other side
I am NOT the best at taking pic's and glare and colors seem to change on me pending light/flash or?? but these should again give one a idea on things
I try to be honest and upfront with any/all things I find on guns, so if you see something ask and I will honestly answer!

Attachments

• rem model 10 010.JPG
    rem model 10 010.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 19
  • rem model 10 011.JPG
    rem model 10 011.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 22
  • rem model 10 012.JPG
    rem model 10 012.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 20
  • rem model 10 013.JPG
    rem model 10 013.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 21
  • rem model 10 014.JPG
    rem model 10 014.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 20
Hey, you did it! The pics came out great. I was able to see the gun just fine. You did a good job. From the looks of it, it is a bottom eject like a Browning BPS or Ithaca 37, which I really like. Plus the 'corn cob' forend is nostalgic to me. Seems like a great gun for the money. I don't think this will last long. I want it! But I swear if I buy one more shotgun, my wife will use it on me. I can't help it - smooth-bores are a weakness.

Thanks for the pics and good luck with your sale.

yes model 10;'s are bottom load/eject, only rem made this way
and only made for a few yrs before going the other way!
and you don;t find many around any more, all the older guns are getting harder ti find, even though they were rather common place when they came out!
and for sure getting harder to find in good condition
I was lucky to grab a lot of older guns back in the 80's and such when they were common, only problem now is, I have no family that appreciates guns and my health isn;t getting any better, so trying to sell some things I know what they are and find them better ones where they will be appreciated
as once I'm gone, my family will have NO clue what anything is and take a huge loss on not knowing what there getting rid of

so, last 10 yrs BOY I thinned the collection, sold about 200 or so , and still have many nice one's left LOL
so I hope your right and someone takes this off me sooner than later, like to see them find good owners!

You sold of 200 or so from your collection?! Wow. And I thought I had a few too many (ha! as if there is such a thing...too many guns, I mean.)

I'll confess, I'd never heard of a Model 10 Remington until your post. Looks like a good quality arm. Here is info from Remington's website:
Model 10
Description: Remington's first pump-action six-shot repeating shotgun
Introduction Year: 1908 Year Discontinued: 1929
Total Production: Approximately: 275,600
Designer/Inventor: John D. Pederson w/improvements by C.C. Loomis & R. Barger
Action Type: Pump Action Repeater (bottom load & eject)
Caliber/Gauge: 12 Gauge Only
Serial Number Blocks: Starting: 001 – 275,600. Serial numbers were preceded by the letter "U"
Grades Offered:
No. 10A – "Standard" Grade
No. 10B – "Special" Grade
No. 10T – "Target" Grade
No. 10S – "Trap Special" Grade
No. 10C – "Trap" Grade
No. 10D – "Tournament" Grade
No. 10E – "Expert" Grade
No. 10F – "Premier" Grade
No. 10R – "Riot" Grade
Variations:
Model 10 Trench Shotgun (World War 1)

This is a link to the Owners Manual:
https://www.remington.com/sites/default/files/Model 10.pdf

HAHA< its funny when I was younger I never thought it was possible to own too many guns, or even to own a gun I never shot or used
then as time went by, and I had a gun shop, and made all sorts of friends, managed a lot of older farms
and became close with many older folks, farmers and gun owners and there wives
when they started passing away, they used to always come to me asking if I would help sell or BUY there collections
and many times I was offered larger 20-35+ gun collections at prices I just couldnl;t say NO to LOL
and as such, the collection grew REAL fast, to the point it was some what out of control
as many times I didn;t even have time to do a good once over on things and they just got put aside , with that, I"LL get to them later and well later never came and before long I had guns in every corners closet under things in things, several safes full and just TOO many

having been forced into retiring with health issue's, I really had time to LOOK at what I created and started to really THIN things, was lucky at first as most of my friends all were more than willing to take many off my hands, but at some point they too started thinking WHY do I need so many!
and had to start selling to others!
and then as life goes, you start to have some sentimental attachment to some and , those are many of the one's your Friends STILL want, so you have to try and let go some times of things you don';t want to, , OR bundle things up so, you can move more than one at a time!

SO< yeah I hear you, I never thought it was possible to have too many, till one day I woke up and DID! LOL
really wish my family had even a LITTLE interest in them but not a one does!, most dis like them to be honest!
what a shame, as someone could really have scored on a big collection when I kick the bucket!

That's interesting how you gradually came into so many firearms. I love guns. They are mechanical works of art to me. The engineering and machining that went into them intrigues me and the genius of the designers who were able to visualize how to make an action that was both strong and functional is amazing.

As you pointed out, I don't really have anyone that is 'into' guns like I am, so when I go, I figure my wife is just going to go to the local gun store and sell them to that guy. Seems like a waste. I'd rather they find owners that will love and appreciate each one like I do. You're doing it the right way - sell them now so they can find owners that have an interest and will enjoy them. Better that than finding themselves on a Pawn Shop rack getting smacked about by people that wouldn't know a Purdey from a Mossberg.

I like this particular gun (the Model 10 Remington) and think someone else will, too. It won't sit too long. I seriously do have too many shotguns and wouldn't know what to do with another...but that doesn't stop me from wanting it anyway, lol! And THAT is how I keep ending up with more 'stray' guns at the house ;)

like they say never too old to LOOK and imagine WHAT IF! LOL

just have to have some e=self control, or you end up adding to the collection some times
I try to be fair on prices and always look at it this way, I don;t need to sell any, but if I can find a good home at a fair price, at this point in life, I am letting go one's that don;'t have too much tug on my heart
I know I gave many away at some great prices too, as again, its not all about money, good homes to those that appreciate them, sort of means more to me
as like you, if taken to the average gun shop, there going to be sold for penny's on the dollar any how when I'm gone, so why not move some now and make some new owers happy!
one of the many cool things about many of the guns I got, was I had the chance to hear stories on how the original owners got them, which is NOT easy to do on guns as old as these often, but, I think about 70% of the guns I have that are 40+ yrs or more older, I was lucky to hear from the original buyers and being friends with so many, just added to values of them to ME< , some guys I sold many too, I have them the history of things as I knew it and many seemed to really enjoy that side of things too
I recently sold a Marlin 1889, (made in 1890) and then a 30/30 made in 1949, a grandfathers first rifle and his grandsons first
new owner found the history I was able to tell on them very entertaining, as well, and think he too values now knowing it too,
some times its the little things that count in life!
or did/does to some folks of a different generation!