Rem. 700 Sendero/700 XCR Tact./Savage 10FCP HS/Mcmillan?

kennyhill33

Having a hard decision choosing between some good factory rifles. I been looking at a Remington 700 Sendero, 700 XCR Tactical LR, Savage 10FCP with the HS Prision stock, or the McMillan stock. Looking at all rifles in a .308 I will be using it as a elk rifle that is still capable of a long range shot when I get comfortable with it. The prices do vary, just looking for any info on either gun, will greatly appreciate it.

I know Im gonna get it from some other members, but the .308 may not be the best choice for a LR elk rifle. I would look at any of those choices in 300 WM, and brake it. If keeping shots close it would be fine, but I garantee after you start doing well on paper your gonna wish you had the horepower to stretch it on game.

Ive looked at most of what you've mentioned and i think the XCR LRT is a very nice platform. Its not to heavy, not to lite. I find the senduro a little heavy for the terrain I would hunt elk in, but a ton of guys relly like them.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.