• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED Rem 700 223 action

WWP2012

Looking for a Rem 700 action with 223 bolt face to build off from.

Either cash or to trade I have a Rem 700 barreled action in 6.5 Creedmoor is the SPS heavy barrel from PTG with their stripped bolt.

At PTG factory new Rem 700 Receiver and a Timney trigger with lug I believe 550$

You'd be best to just sell that rifle and buy a Bighorn Origin action in .223. It allows you to buy a shouldered prefit barrel and screw it on and also if you wanted to down the road you can change the bolt face easily enough for other calibers. They run $900 and come with a pinned recoil lug and 20 moa base and larger bolt knob. Also is perfectly machined.

Here's some info although not in stock now at Altus.

You'd be best to just sell that rifle and buy a Bighorn Origin action in .223. It allows you to buy a shouldered prefit barrel and screw it on and also if you wanted to down the road you can change the bolt face easily enough for other calibers. They run $900 and come with a pinned recoil lug and 20 moa base and larger bolt knob. Also is perfectly machined.

Here's some info although not in stock now at Altus.

I want a Remington 700. Thanks for the info.

It's your money but you will end up spending more in the long run. I know as I have been down both roads. The Origin is a 700 footprint and will fit in any stock or chassis a 700 will and use the same triggers. Again your choice. Just trying to help.

PTG website currently shows "sale pricing" on factory 700 receivers with lug and Timney trigger. At what guys are asking for 700 receivers whether long or short at 400$ plus or minus, to get an upgraded trigger with springs, pins and a lug its easily the best bargain out there.
A bit more in SS and with a media blast on barreled action, you can forgo cerakote or similar and save a few dollars...
I've built quite a few this way with a trued receiver assembly and they shoot and look great. I actually have a 223 listed and two more in the pipeline. PM me if you want to discuss. Regards, Zach

PTG website currently shows "sale pricing" on factory 700 receivers with lug and Timney trigger. At what guys are asking for 700 receivers whether long or short at 400$ plus or minus, to get an upgraded trigger with springs, pins and a lug its easily the best bargain out there.
A bit more in SS and with a media blast on barreled action, you can forgo cerakote or similar and save a few dollars...
I've built quite a few this way with a trued receiver assembly and they shoot and look great. I actually have a 223 listed and two more in the pipeline. PM me if you want to discuss. Regards, Zach
223 listed? As in action or rifle?

I'll ask again, why are you set on a 700? What do you think you are gaining?

And I'll try one more time, buy an Origin. You won't have to buy multiple actions down the road. Just change a barrel and boltface. Saves money in the long run. Lots of money.

I'll ask again, why are you set on a 700? What do you think you are gaining?

And I'll try one more time, buy an Origin. You won't have to buy multiple actions down the road. Just change a barrel and boltface. Saves money in the long run. Lots of money.
To Each their own. I have built several guns and I am not new to this. I have my reasons and hence why I have this WTB ad. Thanks for the opinion, but I am looking for a 700 for this project.