Reloading with Rosie

Shane Lindsey

Anyone ever see this?

Just went to the Hornady site to do some research. Totally distracted by the this. I will give it to Hornady, they know marketing. Too bad their gear hasn't worked for me...

Last edited:
Their stuff works for some, it's hard for a lot of people to spend big money on tools and material. Not everyone can afford $200-400 dollar die sets, I myself use Redding dies and they cost a lot of money. I have a few elite sets that are close to $400, that's more than some people make in a week and a $50 die set works for them.

Their stuff works for some, it's hard for a lot of people to spend big money on tools and material. Not everyone can afford $200-400 dollar die sets, I myself use Redding dies and they cost a lot of money. I have a few elite sets that are close to $400, that's more than some people make in a week and a $50 die set works for them.

I have not been thrilled with brass, bullets or dies from them...But that Rosie...

I am not afraid to pay for quality items, goes with the territory. I too use Redding dies and prefer them. But I have some Lee dies that produce amazing results too. Kind of makes me wonder if it really is all voodoo.

Too bad their gear sux...
I'm not sure of the agenda here, but as a guy who has owned most Hornady tools at one time or another, I take issue with that. I think most of their equipment is good enough for most hunters and shooters. I use Hornady stuff almost exclusively for pistol and for my standard rifles.

That said, my 6PPC uses very little Hornady equipment to reload. Same with my 300 Sherman.….My 350 Legend and 6.5x55 hum along just fine using lots of Hornady dies and tools.

IMO, Hornady tools will extract all the accuracy offered by a factory rifle. Their custom dies look pretty good too.

I'm not sure of the agenda here, but as a guy who has owned most Hornady tools at one time or another, I take issue with that. I think most of their equipment is good enough for most hunters and shooters. I use Hornady stuff almost exclusively for pistol and for my standard rifles.

That said, my 6PPC uses very little Hornady equipment to reload. Same with my 300 Sherman.….My 350 Legend and 6.5x55 hum along just fine using lots of Hornady dies and tools.

IMO, Hornady tools will extract all the accuracy offered by a factory rifle. Their custom dies look pretty good too.
Actually my agenda was to say how clever Hornady was with adding this lady on the site...Rosie is hot. I have Lee, Redding, Forster and yes, Hornaday. Adjusted OP to say has not worked for me.

I can give a few examples if you want offline...Nothing crazy, just a small sample and that has been enough for me...

Last edited: