Reloading techniques for dasher 1-8 and light bullets

wildcat westerner

Hello, my nearest hunting type range shut down and I am left witha quality rifle and have decided to use it on prairie dogs this spring. One barrel is a 6mm Dasher with1-8 twist. I wish to use the lightweight 6mm Bullets for this. I have never had any success in trying to shoot light Bullets with fast twist barrels and simply don't want to be shooting those 105,s for prairie dogs. If anybody has some practical success with this combination,I would like to read about it.

Thanks,
WW

I have just recently obtained some 55 grain Blitz Kings to try in a 1 in 8 twist hunting Dasher. I did a ladder test then loaded for a 3 shot group. It was quite cold with some full value cross wind that day. I wasn't using any wind flags and haven't done anymore fine tuning yet, but I'm posting the target and load. It shows promise. IMG_20190228_111518657.jpg

you could also try something in the lo to mid 70's. i know a guy that only shot sierra 70's in 4 6br's, 4000 rds a year for a long time

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.