Reloading musings.

While on the subject of trimming, I am using the FA Universal Precision Case Trimmer, it is the unit that fits into a drill. I want to replace the cutter with a carbide that accepts the pilots, Does anyone know who make one?

Thank you!
Tim

I started with a FA prep center it worked good but recently I went to the Giraud trimmer. That is life changing. definitely expensive gear if you don't shoot much.

So true on trimming, I went the Henderson trimmer route and now it is fun again.
Couldn't agree more!
I reload 1k each for me, my dad, my bro in law and his dad of 223AI. We shoot that up in one week of glory, splattering and cartwheeling prairie dogs. These are 4 rifles I built, and the loads are all .1-.2 minute loads. Every piece of brass cleaned, annealed, sized, polished and trimmed. Without a Dillon 550 and the Henderson trimmer I just couldn't do it.
…Also the automated case fed coil induction annealing machine I designed and made.
Henderson is hands down the best power trimmer I've ever used.
747087D1-AF17-4ED6-840A-3E20F782849F.jpeg
CD1E1819-4CB8-4923-ACDE-9424B3954350.jpeg

I like reloading, it's relaxing, it gets me out of my wife's hair (she probably likes reloading too), it's rewarding to shoot a small group or take an animal with loads that I've worked up, it's a hobby that feeds another hobby, shooting/hunting. My loading is done in batches, usually 50 rounds in a batch and generally only load a couple times a year. Definitely not a high-volume shooter. The last couple days I've been working on batches for my 22-250 and 260.

Having said all that, I've come to the conclusion that I absolutely, positively hate trimming brass! Trimming is the most monotonous, boring, mind-numbing thing I've ever done! It makes going to the dentist feel like your first date with a girl you really liked.

On a bright note, last year I bought a Frankfort Arsenal hand priming tool that was on sale really cheap. I like it a lot, easy to set up and fast. 👍

BTW, I use a Forster hand trimmer.
If you have a hand held drill get a lee trimmer that will fit in the drill then you can trim 100 cases in just a few minutes I've got a Forrester trimmer too I don't use it anymore