Reloading Logs

SHRTSHTR

I was wondering if anyone make load developing Logs (Notebooks?) Do you guys also have a log you use at the range inconjunction with the reloading data? I would like to start out right. Thanks!

I believe that most reloaders keep a notebook of their loading details and results from the range. Some keep individual notebooks for each rifle.

I've got one notebook where I write down every load. Details on the rifle, brass prep steps, trim length, sizing method, powder, bullet and primer lot#'s, COAL, powder charges, qty per charge, group size, velocity and SD are all logged into the book

I have the load on tables that are included in the MTM boxes.

scan0002.jpg

I jot notes on how the load did and when I get home, I transfer the notes to the MTM handloaders log or a spreadsheet that lists the date, distance, group size, # of shots fired, powder/weight, bullet, primer, case, notes.

Guys,

All good info. I figured that someone would have logs for reloading and load development.

I just picked up an Oehler 35P and would like to have a notebook for each caliber with all the different components I will be testing.

I see that some people write there info on the targets they are shooting. I think that is a great idea but can also imagine hundreds of targets sitting in the corner.

Would it be advisable to only save the best target for a specific load and bullet and throw away the rest?

Just trying to stay as organized as possible and not miss any crucial data in the process during my learning curve :)

Using a spreadsheet then you could also add FPS to the list.

I have a PACT Professional and it will export the data to Excel.

I have never used the Oehler and do not know if it will do this, but will check into it.

I appears that it doesn't but it will print out every shot and it not on thermal paper (it fades with time).

Oehler still support the 35P but too bad they dropped it. Blast.gun)

Do you have MS Excel? It is a spreadsheet program and makes a nice data table for all and any loading information that you want to add. Also will perform more calculations than I can handle.

If you're familiar and competent with computers, I would use MS Excel or MS Word to track your load development. So much easier to store, catalog, and recall the your historical load data and field results electronically. If you PM me your e-mail address I will forward you (by e-mail attachment) the MS Excel form I use. I prepare and print out the sheet with the reloaded cartridge information on the sheet before I head out to shoot. The pertinent data is written (chronographed velocities and points of impact) on the printed sheets in the field and then after I return to the house, I transfer the field notes back onto the electronic spreadsheet. The completed spreadsheets are then stored electronically in my PC where they can be reviewed at any future time.

Paul

Charles B / phorwath

I am not real good with computers as I a typing with my trigger finger, but my wife has MS Excel & MS Word. I'm sure she can get it going for me.

This seems like a surefire way of doing this right.

Thanks Everyone!

PM on its way.

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.