Reloading for the 300 WM

samson

I hear all different methods for reloading and need some input. I have 100 pieces of Norma Brass that is once fired in my chamber. Would you neck size only until it gets too tight to chamber or would you use the "Inovative Technologies" die to size just above the Belt ,followed by the Body die, then neck size?

After one load I'd just neck size, unless this brass is hard to chamber. Thereafter I'd pay attention to how hard it is to chamber. If I felt too much resistance (and that's hard to explain in words) I'd use the body die to bump the shoulder back by .001" to .002" and then neck size using a Lee collet neck die. From then on you'd probably need to do the bump and neck size every time. I've been reloading belted magnums for several years and have never had a need for the Innovative die. I've just never had the problem this die is supposed to fix.

Thanks. I do have the Lee Collet Die. As far as the sizing above the belt, I did have that problem in my old factory rifle after several reloads.

I typically full length size but just push the shoulder .002. I've done quite a bit of measuring on my Norma 300 WM cases and find that the Forster FL Bench Rest Die sizes the area just ahead of the belt by about .0005-.001 and hasn't been an issue.

I'm quite sure Mr. Willis' collet sizer is excellant. Seems it's somewhat like a Small Base size die; if you need it, nothing else will do the job so nicely. But, if you don't need it, well.....maybe it's still like a SB die?

boomtube .....

Our Belted Magnum Collet Resizing Die works the way a small base die "should" work. Instead of pushing brass towards the belt (and further bulging the case) our collet die presses the brass directly inward, and the top of this die is designed to measure your case to show when this extra resizing is needed.

- Innovative

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.