300 wm reload

stevotary

Anyone had any experience with:

185 Berger VLD Hunting
H4350

I am going to try to work up a reload. Anyone worked with this combo? I have some spent hornady casings and CCI250 primers. Should I change anything up. I'm shooting a Remington Sendero 300 wm with a Huskamaw and will be setting it up for a 1000 yard gun. I got out to 800 with my last reload, but am wanting something with a higher BC like the berger. I'm also going to be experimenting with distance to landing. Never done that part before. Any pointers would be greatly appreciated.

I work with a lot of 300 wins, many Senderos, and a lot of Bergers that we shoot well pat 1000 yards. But I prefer the larger bullets. If it were me I would load the 215 Berger Hybrids and start with 74 gr of H-1000 (WW or RP brass) (with RWS brass start at 72 gr.) and a CCI 250. or Fed 215 M. I found the seating depth of .-040" off the lands to work very well. If you can't find the 215's the try the 210's with this same load. I have taken these loads past a mile several times.

Jeff

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.