Reloading data 28 nosler with a 1-9 twist barrel

DSMITH1651

My dad bought a christensen arms ridgeline in 28 nosler. I will be reloading for it what loads are you guys finding to work well. It's a 1-9 twist and I was thinking about using the eld-x in the 162 or 175. I am currently reloading for my 7mm LRM and using the 180 hybrid but the burger site is now calling for a 1-8 twist for them.
The good news is the factory rounds are shooting in the .6 s and he killed 4 does with it last weekend after he bought it and a nxs 5.5-22 on the way out to our late season doe hunt LOL
Duane

What elevation are you using? I have a new 26", 1-9 twist, but I'm in Colorado. I'm using 180 ELDM, Retumbo. CCI250, 26 & 28 Nosler brass with 3124 avg velocities. .750 groups. Seating depth testing is next with fired cases.

What elevation are you using? I have a new 26", 1-9 twist, but I'm in Colorado. I'm using 180 ELDM, Retumbo. CCI250, 26 & 28 Nosler brass with 3124 avg velocities. .750 groups. Seating depth testing is next with fired cases.
Most of our hunting is done at 1800 ft

My old 28 Nosler 180 gr load with 26" barrel was 81grs retumbo, fed215 or CCI-250 primers, .020" OTL. 3150 fps avg. This load shot well with couple 28 Noslers from sea level to 3000' asl.

I've shot a lot of 180's through several 9 twist barrels with good to great results. I think you'll be good to go, especially with 28 Nosler velocity.

Good info, I have not had any luck with my Ridgeline and 180's yet. I need to try some Retumbo.

how much powder are you putting in there?? tried 82gr using 180 bergers and had some pressure issues.

how much powder are you putting in there?? tried 82gr using 180 bergers and had some pressure issues.
Early load development with new cases, 80.5 gr Retumbo top load so far. I haven't had the chance to get back at the range, to test loads with the 1x fired cases and heavier charges...

Early load development with new cases, 80.5 gr Retumbo top load so far. I haven't had the chance to get back at the range, to test loads with the 1x fired cases and heavier charges...
8 month's later...just got to work on my 28 Nosler. Found a nice accuracy node with 180 ELDM, 81grs of Retumbo at an avg velocity of 3181fps. I'l make happy with that bullet/accuracy/speed combo on that load.

Working on a new load with 175 ELDX and Retumbo, with an, as of now, charge of 78gr. And hit another accuracy node @3180 avg velocity! Gonna step it up some more to see where pressure is tomorrow and see where it ends up......

8 month's later...just got to work on my 28 Nosler. Found a nice accuracy node with 180 ELDM, 81grs of Retumbo at an avg velocity of 3181fps. I'l make happy with that bullet/accuracy/speed combo on that load.

Working on a new load with 175 ELDX and Retumbo, with an, as of now, charge of 78gr. And hit another accuracy node @3180 avg velocity! Gonna step it up some more to see where pressure is tomorrow and see where it ends up......
How did your testing pan out?

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts