Reloader 16 temp stability

SSG Graybush

So I've seen in charts on line that say RL16 is .34 fps per degree. But am getting ~ .61 fps per degree, from a small sample of shots. but my chrono did give same ES and SD ( within 1 fps ES) so I would guess the data is correct. Speed is correct to 500, my current ranges max.
1st 5 shot group- 71° temp AV 3178 fps ES 21 SD 8
2nd 5 shot group- 62.5° temp AV 3164 fps ES 20 SD 6
So 8.5° ÷ 14 fps = .6071, or rounded .61 fps per degree.
I was wondering if anybody else has their own data for RL16 temp stability?
Thanks and good luck this year to all.

when i tested RL16 3-4yrs ago i used ambient temps from 13-89 degrees and it took a while but the SD,ES were lower than yours in my 243w. and came up with .32fps using the same powder, primer, bullet lots in same cases. RL-16 has been one of the best powders for my usage your milage may differ.

when i tested RL16 3-4yrs ago i used ambient temps from 13-89 degrees and it took a while but the SD,ES were lower than yours in my 243w. and came up with .32fps using the same powder, primer, bullet lots in same cases. RL-16 has been one of the best powders for my usage your milage may differ.
Am shooting a 270 wsm, 129 LRX, 58.7 grs of rl16, Nosler brass and cci 250's. Loads not great averaging .71", I just did it. But good enough for this year. But I don't think moa/ES should effect the temp stability. I'll switch to Norma brass as soon as some comes available.
I recently did a load for my 243 win with rl16 as well, I will check that this week. And compare. I agree that rl16 is a great powder.

5 shots at each temp is too few to make that calculation. Keep recording temp and velocity each time you go out shooting and by 100 rounds or so you should be able to fit a better line to the data and pull the slope off the line to get your fps/degree

Am shooting a 270 wsm, 129 LRX, 58.7 grs of rl16, Nosler brass and cci 250's. Loads not great averaging .71", I just did it. But good enough for this year. But I don't think moa/ES should effect the temp stability. I'll switch to Norma brass as soon as some comes available.
I recently did a load for my 243 win with rl16 as well, I will check that this week. And compare. I agree that rl16 is a great powder.
This might be completely incorrect, but I would guess that the greater case volume of the 270wsm compared to most cartridges people use RL16 in (6.5cm) might contribute to greater temp sensitivity? More energy in case= greater variance in that energy?

Also agree with others here that two 5 shot groups across a less than 10 degree difference is not enough of a sample size.