Reed's Ammunition 17 cal bullets

Out Back

I just ordered some 26gr 17cal bullets from Reed's ammunition. 26gr HP RBBT VLD....
They also have 30gr and 32gr Bullets...................

No sure what the RBBT stands for might be Rebated Boat Tail

Has anyone tried these bullets or heard anything about them...................worth a try

Going to load them up in my 17 Remington and hope all goes well as I don't know of anyone else that offeres a 17 cal 30gr bullet ...........If it shoots the way I hope it does I just might have to try the 30gr or 32gr and stock up..........

Reed was talking about a 40 grain bullet in a 17. I had outstanding results with their 32 grain bullets. Coyote's died like they did with Kindlers bullets. I was super excited about a heavier 17 caliber bullet. Their 32 grain bullet will suit my needs. I built a .17 Tactical because of Kindlers bullets and he sold the dies to a guy in Texas who will never get my business. But I will be happy to continue business with Reeds. I killed all of my Jan. and Feb. coyotes with the Reed's 32's. I had a rough winter switching calibers until I abandoned Kindlers replacement. Lot's of sewing. That won't happen again. I killed 2 coyotes past 400 yds. and I don't try to shoot at them with a 17 past 400 yds. So have no fear the future is bright. Excited to be here. You guys are a great resource

I'd be interested in hearing how you get along with them as well as which powder you use. I also purchased some 26gr, but in the soft point. Haven't gotten around to set up test loads yet. Was using Kinder 25gr HPBT, but ran out of them and found Reeds.

I have used 8208 exclusively. It worked great in the mach 4 and it works just as good in the tactical. I haven't done any load work because the load I was shooting shoots well under an inch. I sent my rifle with my oldest son to get another barrel made for the Sako. The current barrel was a mach 4 before it became a tactical. I started with a max load listed for the 17 Remington and it was super accurate and no pressure. I just quit there. I live above 7000 ft. so cowpie's have a high bc. So it goes without saying it is stupid flat. And I don't need to stock up on thread next year!

Thanks for the info on the new bullets! Cant wait to try some out next winter on some yotes. If they are as accurate and kill as good as the 30 kindler gold, then i will be very happy.

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts