Redfield spotting scope

snox801

OK so I'm no stranger to great glass. I have the nightforce atacr 7-35 ffp on my AM. I also have the lieca hdb 3000 bios and 1600b rangefinder. Have many others in those classes. But come a time when enough is enough for good glass.
Anyone tried the 20-60 spotting scope from Redfield? I have some friends that run the scopes and they are fantastic for the price. I usually do my game spoting with my bios and only need to use this scope to see more detail on not super important game. Such as making sure it's a doe and not a buck that dropped its horns. So not measuring trophy size.
How decent are these for getting a better look in these instances? I know I won't be using them a ton so finally deciding to try something not super expensive.

How would it compare to a vortex diamond back. I went to Cabela's and the guy lost me when he said they don't sell many leicas anymore cause vortex are better. I just smiled. Then he said if you wanna get into great glad get the swaro el's and you don't need a Spoting scope. My leicas are the new hdb 3000's and are fantastic but when trying to judge if it's a die to cull or a buck that dropped its horns 10 just is not enough. He was really pushing me towards vortex but if I do that I may go middle of the road and spend $600-800 which opens up much greater choices.
Just wanted to stay budget friendly this time if I could get away with it.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.