Redfield Scopes.

kc

Has there been any problems with the Redfield Scopes?
I was wondering about quality, I know that Leupold is building them and all the rest
of the news, what I need is proof of there quality.
The Warranty means nothing if I am sending it in for repairs every season.

I have not heard of any problems or of anyone having a problem with the Redfields since they were introduced. Are you having an issue and if so what is it?

I looked at one today it was a redfield "revolution" 4x12x40mm with the accu range reticle. The reticle I liked and the overall looks of the scope but when I turned the power from 6 to 12 the clarity just vanished, everything got hazy and theres no focus or parallax adjustment on it. I asked the salesman about it and he said they are set for 100yds and beyond, on a varmint rifle you never know what the yardage is going to be or any hunting situation for that matter, so I passed on it. I guess if you just wanted to shoot paper it would be a deal. gun)

Heck, even some of he $1000 Leupolds have a fixed objective set at 100 yards. You can correct the fuzzy by changing the focus. I compared the Redfields to some of the Nikons and found even the $150 Redfield smoked the Nikon Monarch for clearity, and light transmission. The eye relief is unreal on the Redfield, I've neven seen another scope that good. You get the thing 5" from your eye and everything is clear wall to wall. No moving around looking for a sweet spot. I thought it was even better than the Leupold VXII they had on display. I'm thinking about ordering a couple 4x12's to put on my varmit and preditor guns. I was totally impressed with the quality of the scope.

Far as I know they are build by the same employees, on the same equipment, as the Leupold cousins.

Should be just as sturdy. The finish isn't as high of polish, the lens coatings aren't top shelf, and nitrogen filled vs argon. You're not going to get the clarity of the Leupolds. You do get the sturdy, though.

I own a 4-12x40 Acurange reticle on my 30-06. It has worked ok, but has not had alot of use. Personally I would compare it to a Bushnell Elite 3200.

As far as the clarity, if you play with the focus adjustment, you can fix that.

Mine is clear on 12x not like my monarch mind you, but for the price, it is alot of scope.

HAPPY SHOOTING
JPB

I have the Accu 4X12 on the Savage 10FP-LE. I'm not as experienced as most of you guys and am not the best judge of quality and useability. I will give you a review of my experience with the Revolution as a relative new rifle shooter. I find that the comparrison between scopes is based on personal experience after years of shooting experience. I am new to long guns;as I have been a handgunner most of my life. That said, I have had good results with the redfield after some great instruction from a personal friend who I, and many others, consider to be the best shot in the area. After setting up and dialing it in, I seem to hold1/4 MOA consistantly at 100 yards. Returning from holdovers seems consistant with scopes that have triple the price tag. I attribute the tight groupings to the equipment(Savage Accu-Trigger and the Redfield Accu Reticle) and not to the shooter.

Can't offer an opinion on the new Redfields but I have a fixed 10X AO , SN is 1982 that I bought in a pawn shop for $50 about in 1883 and have had it on my #1 Ruger .220 Swift, WOA AR-15 .223, on my Mod 77 Mk II .220 Rocket and My Savage BVSS .223 and now its on my Ruger M77 Flat Bolt .243. Its is as predictable as my Leupold 36X.

I broke the elevation adjustment off 8 months ago and just got it back from Iron Sights who did the rebuild and can't imagine not having it on any one of my guns. Wish I could find another just like it.

As a side note it took Iron Sights 8 months to get the job done and I knew it would take that long going into it and they will always get my business if I need a scope repaired regardless of how long it takes. They are worth the wait.

I have not been pleased with the T24 weavers (2) I have had, the tracking was off.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.