Redfield Revelution 4-12x40mm?

Steve O

I just recently looked at one of these scopes at a sporting good store, I was very impressed by the clarity and the overall look of the scope so I bought it, I paid $209 out the door. I recently put it on my Ruger 280, I took off my Leupold VXI 3-9x40 off and put the Redfield on it, I like the little extra power. Did I do alright doing this? what are you guys opinion on these scopes? They have the same great warranty that Leupold has, and I believe it is just as clear, if not clearer than my Leupold. For a hunting scope I dont think you can beat it for the price, also it is made in America. I cant wait to take it to the range to see how it works. Do any of you have any experience with these scopes, if so what do you think about them?

I have the same scope with the "accurange" reticle.

Put it on a 3006 and have no complaints. It tracks good, light transmission is good, and as far as clearity you hit the nail on the head. They do need a rainguard or something though.

For the $$$ these are great budget scopes, and with leupold warrenty to boot, hey!

I havent heard any complaints, and I dont have no complaints of my own, except the whole rainguard thing, but that is minor and easily fixed. :)

Cheers.

Leupold bought redfield recently, in the last 2-3 yrs. The redfields are made by Leupold, on the same machinery by the same tech's. The redfields have different, like older Leupold coatings on the lenses, and are nitrogen filled versus argon filled. The finish on the Redfields is not as high of a polish. In other words they are Leoplold's budget line.

Leupold bought redfield recently, in the last 2-3 yrs. The redfields are made by Leupold, on the same machinery by the same tech's. The redfields have different, like older Leupold coatings on the lenses, and are nitrogen filled versus argon filled. The finish on the Redfields is not as high of a polish. In other words they are Leoplold's budget line.

Apparently they are just about at the VX-I level. I am putting one on a little savage 5.7x28 just to try it out. Let you know what I think. Whenever I get time to shoot!!!:rolleyes:

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.