Redding T-7 Turret Press Question

mfloski

Question for anyone with precision loading experience on this press.....because you are pressing the ram into the outer perimeter of the turret, do you get any variation when bumping shoulders or seating from the turret "flexing"?

The minimal flexing that does get reported can usually be fixed by lightly stoning/ lapping the bushing in the turret. The smart way to do it is with feelers and taking off a little at a time. The bad way to do it is to blindly sand the thing down and have the turret head wear on the base. Pics of the disassembled T-& in this link:

The minimal flexing that does get reported can usually be fixed by lightly stoning/ lapping the bushing in the turret. The smart way to do it is with feelers and taking off a little at a time. The bad way to do it is to blindly sand the thing down and have the turret head wear on the base. Pics of the disassembled T-& in this link:

👍🏼👍🏼

There is a bit of flex with the T-7, so I prefer to resize on a Big Boss. The T-7 is very handy for mandrels and bullet seating. My only con is a lack of space for tightening rings, that always seem to be on the back.

There's a big thread on sh or one of the other precision forums. Redding had some engineering explanation why the press isn't affected by the turret design.

Mine flexed too much for me so I took the spacer and ground off enough so that I can tighten the turret down solid. Need to loosen it to turn it but not an issue. It's as solid as a standard C press.