T-7 Turret reloading press

The engineers that designed the press took into consideration the end play required to allow the turret to rotate. They designed the press to lock in a square position as described by Broz. If his total run out is less than .0005 as he mentioned, that is as accurate as humanly possible.

I have two T7's in my loading room. My son uses one and I use the other. I get .0005 conc. on 95% of my cases. I do have a few that go to about .001 and the rare one that will go to .002. I use these for foulers and seperate from the group.

I don't know if I get good concentricity because of the press or because I use Redding Competetion everything. Maybe it is a combination of both.

I have found that Virgin Lapua brass will not yield perfectly concentric brass out of the box. once fired brass yields the best concentricity if your chamber is round and true. This is my experience, others may vary.

On a side note, Broz and Joe Starnes reccomended the T7's and Redding dies to me a couple years ago. I believe it was sound advise.

Ray

Broz: "Been using the T-7 for over two years now. It is an awesome press and produces the truest ammo I have ever loaded, when used with the Redding Bushing dies. I have my total indicated runout down to .0005" average."

A/C, not to challenge your position but the engineers of all presses, including the T-7 and other turrets, have taken the slack in their designs into consideration, that's a given. But they cannot match the rigidity or precise ram alignment of any modern made single stage press.

Press rigidity and ram alignment isn't mandatory for quality ammo but surely no one would deny it makes things easier! What Broz and SHRTSHTR have told us is they are excellant loaders. They clearly know what they're doing but it isn't any magic from the T-7 that provides the terrific loaded round runout. I'm certain they could do it on any press made by using their dies, components and methods! So, yeah, a skilled handloader can make precise ammo on turret presses but it won't be as simple as on a single stage.

To see how much a turret head moves under the full pressure of FL sizIng and seating just put a precision dial indicator on them, it won't be difficult to measure.

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.