Redding of Forester

I own both and they have performed equally well. I like the Forester, neck bushing, bump dyes that are designed to size the brass by only setting back the shoulder. The adjustment range of the dye can deal with tight cases, where other run out of adjustment range even with overcam.

Forester is better in my book. Straighter and more consistent rounds. I had a redding comp set in 308 after splitting two necks in the seater I gave up. I have been replacing all my dies with Whidden and are leaps and bounds the best I have used.

I like Redding dies - especially the "S" sizer - are OK, but there are better. I like the Wilson sizer die (neck sizes only); but have been buying F/L bushing sizers from Harrels. Couple weeks ago I bought a Whidden 30BR seater, and am impressed with the slight run out it produces.

I use them for my 7mag and am now going to use them for everything else. I stopped neck sizing except for virgin brass. 7/8" O-Ring between the lock ring and press head and its easy to keep headspace right where I want. Seater is excellent and run out is zilch.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.