forester dies

cohunt

want to try some forster dies---who has the best price on forster dies?

does anyone sell a FL die and micrometer seating die set? or do they have to be bought separate?

Last edited:
every body sells the forster set. if you want separate Sinclair. midsouth is a good place to buy them. I prefer the forster sizer over all others and I like the redding micrometer seaters best just my opinion.

every body sells the forster set. if you want separate Sinclair. midsouth is a good place to buy them. I prefer the forster sizer over all others and I like the redding micrometer seaters best just my opinion.
everyone has the standard set--but I don't think the set can be had with the micrometer seater, can it?

but whos got the best pricing on them? seems the sizing dies run about $42 or so, and the seater is about $85 --anyone know of any better pricing than that? I know quality costs $$ but if I like them I'm thinking of changing over the majority of my dies and thats gonna cost me some big bucks so I'm searching for the best pricing I can find

I bought the full length and micro this winter in 7-08. Not in a set. Midsouth had the best price, but ended up having to get the seater on Ebay. That caliber was backordered everywhere.

I think part of the reason is they really don't want to sell small orders. so they make it worth their while. just a thought one + on forster service-A1!!

I don't know for sure what forster currently sells but I have several die sets purchased with the micrometer seater. most recent one in 6.5 cm. called bench rest die set or ultra die set.

I don't know for sure what forster currently sells but I have several die sets purchased with the micrometer seater. most recent one in 6.5 cm. called bench rest die set or ultra die set.
Use a Forester Co Axial press so had some, but slowly switching to all their micrometer dies. Prices vary depending on sales that might be going on. I always check Midway, Graf, Natchez, Midsouth and Brownels. Might end up ordering from two places with price variance.

I primarily Ebay use for my reloading tool purchases. I use their saved searches feature & with some patience I can acquire near new tools at a substantial savings.

Just to be a nit picker, its Forster not Forester. I use some Forster and some Redding and RCBS. I have changed out all of the lock rings to Forster style to work best in the Co-Ax. I like both the Redding micrometer seaters as well as the Forster.

Well if your looking for the 338 win.mag micro seater give me a shout . I bought it by mistake I thought it was the 338 Rum .
Its brand new ! It's tough getting old !

RumMan

I've bout most of my Forster dies from midway. Everyone seems pretty closely priced on them. I really like their microseating dies. I still have a couple Redding micro seater dies but have all but switched over to Forster.

I've always been told Redding was the top quality line of dies, but I've had so many problems I will not risk buying again. I know I am in the very small minority, but that has been my experience.

One of the problems was with a 223 fl sizing die. The neck would size the brass to 0.229". I called Redding and they dismissed it saying the neck size must be small enough to accommodate all available brass. But what available brass has a neck wall thickness of 0.002"?

I want to like the Forster, especially for the price. My problem is every seater stem has cracked on me with non compressed, easy seating loads. I'm giving a Wilson micrometer arbor press seater a try now.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.