Forester

Cricket

Will the co ax load a .300 wby mag or is it to long and how about a 378 wby mag. I am new at this please deal with me thanks guys

Do not get me wrong here. I use a lot of Forresters products exclusive. The one thing I do not use is their press. If one wants a STRONG press that fits all cartridges and is easy to use as well has the least amount of deflection then you need to check out the LEE 50 BMG press. Reasonably priced and the strongest best press out on the market today.

I don't no much about loading but it just seemed everything I read they were saying forester was the Cadillac of presses. Looks like I have a lot more researching to do but will the forester fit a 300 weatherby cartridge in it thanks fellas

I don't no much about loading but it just seemed everything I read they were saying forester was the Cadillac of presses. Looks like I have a lot more researching to do but will the forester fit a 300 weatherby cartridge in it thanks fellas

I would contact forester they are very helpful with questions I have used a lot of single stage presses and the forester is by far my favorite I wouldn't trade mine for 3 of the other brands. Well worth every penny.

Will the co ax load a .300 wby mag or is it to long and how about a 378 wby mag. I am new at this please deal with me thanks guys

looking in the Hornaday manual, one see's that the max OAL length of a loaded round is 3.56". That's roughly two hundred thousandths shorter than what a Co-Ax will handle (I always figure 3.75"). On the otherhand the 30-378 looks to be about .10" too long. Power wise the Co-Ax will easily size either case, but the .378 case will still end up being too long. (probably need three fingers instead of the normal two with these rounds). I have a buddy that shoots the 7mm STW, and he loads with a Co-Ax all the time. The case is derived from the 8mm mag, and that's nothing but a .300 Weatherby with sharp shoulders and necked up to 8mm.
gary

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.