Redding competition shellholder iit?

zr600

Does anybody use the Redding competition shelf holder kit? I was wondering if this would be a better way to set a die and case for head space. Also was thinking this way you could size brass for 2 Guns with one die with out messing with the setting on how far the die is crewed into the press. Any input would be great.

I use them and really like them. They work well for exactly what your describing, loading for multiple chambers without adjusting your sizing die. I just write down the shell holder number on my load data sticker or in my loading book for that particular rifle.

They aren't perfect, sometimes in a set they aren't in exact .002 increments like they are marked and occasionally you run into a chamber/die that even the +.010 is giving more bump then is ideal but overall they work well and I believe you get more consistent shoulder bump with having some slight cam over vs having the die backed off and not touching the shell holder.

Yes, I do and it works as advertised (at least for me) ...

Redding competition shell holder- actual.JPG

If you can turn a nut and lock it down, I guess I don't see the point. I do thing the Forster marked lock ring is a good idea, but wouldn't argue too much if you thought it was silly!

yes they are that simple to use . I'd be lost without them . I have 3 different 7mm-08's I use one die set , with the correct shellholder . these would be a Tikka , rem , Browning . by using these your shoulder bump will be consistent due to the fact the die is contacting the shellholder . I could never get a consistent bump by spacing the die up away from the shellholder .

Attachments

• P8070620.JPG
    P8070620.JPG
    404.4 KB · Views: 31
  • P8070619.JPG
    P8070619.JPG
    276.6 KB · Views: 21
  • P8070618.JPG
    P8070618.JPG
    279.6 KB · Views: 24
The Redding Precision shell holder works great just remember to remove the firing pin from bolt when setting up for proper head space. Watch Broz's videos.